Cherry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies are absolutely delicious and make a fabulous DIY cookies-in-a-jar gift. The flavors and tantalizing texture in these cookies truly are abundant. But, don’t take my word for it. Make a batch yourself and you’ll see what I mean.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Personally, I think cookies are a fun dessert. Mainly because serving them requires no plates or utensils. Simply use your hands. Besides that, since cookies come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, flavors, and styles everyone can find a cookie they love.
I don’t exactly remember where I found this recipe. However, I can tell you that these slightly chewy cookies are a fabulous treat!
It’s funny, but making cookies is just one activity that my grandchildren like to do with me. (Somehow sprinkles are usually involved!) Maybe that’s because I like trying new recipes and they consider themselves to be part of my taste-testing team. 🙂
Some of our personal favorite cookies recipes are:
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- GF Snickerdoodle Cookies
- GF Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Spider Cookies
- Teddy Bear Cookies
- Scarecrow Cookies
- Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins Elf Cookies
Oats – for the win!
Can you spot the pistachios and cherries peeking out of the cookies in the photo above?
Delicious cookies that are loaded with fabulous flavor and texture.
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour (GF Option: use gluten-free flour blend + 1 teaspoon xanthan gum - unless flour already contains it)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (GF Option: use certified gluten-free oats)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- CHERRIES & PISTACHIOS
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries (I use all-natural sulfite & preservative-free dried cherries)
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- Prehat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats.
- In separate bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Stir in cherries and pistachios.
- Drop by tablespoons (2-inches apart) onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool. Store in air-tight container.
NOTE: Feel free to use quick oats in place of old-fashioned oats.
Don’t you just want to reach through your computer screen and grab a few cookies?
A jar of cookie mix is always a fun and easy DIY gift. Simply layer the dry ingredients in a quart-size wide-mouth canning jar. (NOTE: After the wet ingredients are added, one jar of cookie mix should yield approximately 2-dozen cookies.)
Here’s to a day filled with warm cookies served fresh out of the oven!
More great ideas: