Almond Bark Cereal Candy Clusters with Gluten-Free Option is a simple, quick, and delicious sweet treat. It’s simply perfect for all sorts of holidays, parties, and events. In addition to that, it’s a fun little activity to do with the kiddos! The recipe requires only 4 ingredients and is ready from start to finish in 30 minutes or less. Furthermore, it’s ridiculously easy to make this candy gluten-free.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
To make a gluten-free version simply use gluten-free almond bark and swap out the regular cereal for gluten-free crispy cereals. I believe that most miniature marshmallows are gluten-free but always be sure to read labels. (Scroll down to see more photos of the gluten-free version.)
NOTE: It’s wise to contact a manufacturing company with questions about a particular gluten-free product.
Regular Candy Clusters
To make Almond Bark Cereal Candy Clusters you’ll need the following four ingredients:
- vanilla almond bark
- Rice Krispies cereal
- original Captain Crunch cereal
- miniature marshmallows
- (optional) chopped nuts
Step 2 – Place the cereals and marshmallows in a large metal mixing bowl or large glass mixing bowl (do NOT use plastic). Gently stir the mixture a few times to combine the ingredients then set the bowl aside.
Melt Almond Bark
Step 3 – Next place the almond bark in a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute then stir and continue to heat in 30-second increments until it’s completely melted.
Step 4 – Immediately drizzle the melted almond bark over the cereal mixture and stir all ingredients together until well combined.
NOTE: If you are also adding chopped nuts I recommend stirring them in the melted almond bark first before adding the cereal.
Step 6 – Next, place the candy clusters in a cool area or in the refrigerator until the almond bark is firm. (I sat mine in a cold sunroom and it was ready in about five minutes.)
Step 7 – Finally, place the candy clusters on a pretty candy dish and serve. (Feel free to break the clusters into smaller chunks if they seem a tad big.)
NOTE: Another option is to store them in an air-tight food container for use later.
Side Note – My 87-year-old mother is the one who shared this recipe with me. We both decided it would be fun to make this candy for Christmas.
However, because several of my family members are on a gluten-free diet I wanted to make a gluten-free version. Needless to say, I didn’t want anyone to feel left out!!! I’m certainly glad I did because the kids all loved them!
The directions are exactly the same for the gluten-free version as for the regular version. Simply use gluten-free ingredients.
Colorful and Festive!
Since I used gluten-free fruity pebbles in place of Captain Crunch cereal our gluten-free candy clusters turned out colorful and super festive. As a result, my family tells me that gluten-free candy clusters taste a little different than the regular version. However, they are every bit as good!
NOTE: To add even more color use colored miniature marshmallows.
This delightful candy recipe requires only four ingredients, is ready in 30 minutes or less, and is extremely easy to make gluten-free.
- 9 squares vanilla almond bark (Gluten-Free Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 2 cups Captain Crunch cereal (Gluten-Free Option: use a gluten-free brand of cereal)
- 2 cups Rice Krispies (Gluten-Free Option: use a gluten-free brand of rice crispy cereal)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (either white or colored)
- Optional: 1 cup chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- Line two to three large cookie sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place both cereals and marshmallows in a large metal or glass mixing bowl. Gently stir a few times to mix ingredients.
- Place almond bark in a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave almond bark for 1 minute; stir and continue to heat in 30-second increments until it's completely melted. Immediately pour over cereal mixture and stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, spoon mixture onto the prepared cookie sheets lined with waxed paper.
- Place in a cool area until almond bark is firm. Place clusters on candy dish or store in an air-tight container for use later.
When adding chopped nuts it's best to stir them into the melted almond bark before drizzling it over the cereal. This helps to evenly disperse them throughout the candy.
Perfect for Parties!
In the end, I think that both regular and gluten-free candy clusters are winners!
Almond Bark Cereal Candy Clusters with Gluten-Free Option are festive and perfect for any holiday such as St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas, and/or Valentine’s Day. Likewise, they would be darling served at a unicorn-themed party or baby shower.
More great ideas: