Raise your hand if Snickerdoodle Cookies are your favorite!!!
In the past, snickerdoodle cookies would not have even made my top five favorite cookie list. But it’s funny how your taste preferences change over time and now I find myself craving these! Definitely in the top five!
Raise your hand if you have been disappointed by gluten-free cookies in the past because they are hard and taste like sand!
While these are gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies, I promise you won’t be able to tell! At first, my husband didn’t believe me when I told him they were gluten-free.
The perfect texture with just the right amount of cinnamon and sugar coating!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Do you like your cookies with a tall glass of cold milk or with a hot cup of coffee?
I prefer coffee.
- 8 tablespoons softened butter (1 stick)
- 1 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (scroll down for my favorite GF flour blend)
- 2 teaspoons xantham gum (omit if your GF flour has this included)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar + 3 teaspoons cinnamon, for rolling
- In bowl of a stand-mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: GF flour, xantham gum, corn starch, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour to the stand-mixer bowl and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least one hour, or until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of sugar with 3 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into a ball (or use a cookie scoop). Roll cookie dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, but be careful not to over bake.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store the few remaining cookies, that were not immediately inhaled, in an air-tight container.
I have no idea how long these cookies will keep because they are always gone within 48 hours in my home.
My gluten-free flour blend is amazing and I use it for all my gluten-free baking! I usually make a triple batch and keep it in a big flour container, then measure out what I need.
This is the gluten-free flour blend I used in this recipe. You can use store-bought if that is what you have, but I can’t guarantee these cookies will turn out as mind-blowing.
The Best Gluten-Free Flour Blend:
- 2 cups rice flour (white or brown, or a combination)
- 1/3 cups arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cups potato starch
- 1/3 cups tapioca starch
If on the off chance you landed on this blog page and you do not need to be gluten free, you can still make these snickerdoodle cookies. Replace the gluten-free flour with regular flour, and omit the xanthan gum. It is as simple as that!
Don’t forget to pin it!!
If you enjoyed these snickerdoodle cookies then be sure to check out my Softest Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!