Teddy Bear Cookies are cute bite-size treats that are perfect to serve at Valentine’s Day parties, baby showers, birthday parties, or just for a fun afternoon snack.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
A few months ago I found a set of adorable teddy bear fondant cutters. The set contained three different sizes with the largest size being only 1 1/2″ long. The second cutter measured at 1″ long and the tiniest cutter measured just a little over 1/2″ long. As soon as I saw these cute bear cutters I knew that I wanted to make these cookies.
These fun little creations start by making a batch of yummy gingerbread dough. Combine all ingredients and on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to approximately 1/4″ thickness. To keep the dough from sticking, sprinkle additional flour on your work surface as you roll out the cookies. To make the bear shapes I used the 1 1/2′ bear fondant cutter.
Place dots of white icing over the bear’s hearts and place candy heart sprinkles on top of the icing. In order to keep the hearts in place, you’ll need to allow the icing to dry.
The drying time may vary but I allowed mine to dry for a couple of hours. To keep the cookies fresher longer, store the cookies in an air-tight container. The cookies also make a cute gift. Simply place them in a nice container and give them away to your family, friends, neighbors, or co-workers.
I placed a few of the cookies inside a jar, added a Valentine ribbon, and hot glued a heart button on for embellishment. My grandchildren will be receiving this jar of Teddy Bear Cookies as Valentine’s Day treats from Grandma Linda.
Delicious little bite-size cookies.
20 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (*GF Option: use gluten-free flour blend + 2 tsp xanthan gum (unless flour contains it)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground flax (*only use for gluten-free option)
- Candy hearts (GF Option: use gluten-free candies)
- Tube of white icing
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, molasses and egg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, (xanthan gum and flax for gluten free version)
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to approximately 1/4" thickness. To keep the dough from sticking, sprinkle additional flour on your work surface as you roll out the cookies.
- Use 1 1/2' bear fondant cutter to cut out teddy bear shapes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 - 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Place a dot of white icing over the bear's heart and place a candy heart on top of the icing. In order to keep the hearts in place you'll need to allow the icing to dry, approximately 1 hour.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container.
I hope that you have fun making these adorable Teddy Bear Cookies.
More great ideas:
Leave a Reply