With the holidays behind us and Valentine’s Day before us, it’s not too early to be thinking of some fun Valentine’s Day ideas and clever gifts for the love in your life.
Wait! Wait! Wait!… can’t you feel that? There’s romance in the air! Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. Are you ready to help your significant other feel loved this February 14th? Here are some fun and/or romantic Valentine’s Day ideas to help you celebrate!
- Make a Mission Impossible recording that says something like: “Your assignment, should you choose to accept it… is to meet a handsome, dark-haired stranger for a romantic dinner at the _____ _____ Restaurant tomorrow evening at 7 pm. I suggest you take on the role of a mysterious and ravishing beauty.” Feel free to give more hints and tips, then leave the recording in an MP3 player with a note that reads, “Play Me.” Rent a Mission Impossible movie that you can watch together for after dinner.
- Kidnap him! Blindfold him. Drive him around until he’s thoroughly lost. Then take him to his favorite sports bar, sports game, favorite restaurant or maybe a romantic inn.
- Hire a limousine to pick up your husband at work. Send the driver inside to get your husband. Be waiting in the back seat of the limo, dressed in your finest lingerie, sipping champagne or wine and listening to “your song.”
- Cook your love’s favorite meal and greet him at the door when he comes home with a glass of his favorite beverage, wearing only a flirty apron and a pair of sexy heels.
- Pretend you are both royalty. Rent or borrow sparkly jewelry, dress up, then speak to each other in a British accent throughout the evening, followed with a viewing of a James Bond movie.
Express your love
- Relax together, snuggle and serenade her with her love songs.
- Write a love letter or poem on one sheet of paper. Glue it to thin cardboard; cut it up into puzzle-shaped pieces. Put all of the pieces in a cute box and place the box somewhere where she will easily find it. Or, give her one puzzle piece per day!
- Create a custom crossword puzzle for him. Make the clues reminiscent of your relationship and life together. Include private jokes, funny phrases and names of favorite songs, along with some suggestive stuff.
- Put tiny love notes inside balloons. Insert the message, blow up the balloon and tie it. Plant them all over the house for your lover to find.
- Print out the words to “your song” in a pretty calligraphy font. Frame it and wrap it up with a copy of the actual song.
- Hide Valentine’s Day card for your love to find each day for a week.
- Write a love letter and place it in a quirky bottle with a lid. Run a hot bubble bath, light several scented candles, have a glass of her favorite wine sitting close and have the bottle floating in the bubble bath for her to discover and read while she relaxes. Better yet, join her!
- Use Valentine Conversation Heart candies to spell out a romantic message. Leave it on the kitchen table, on the bathroom vanity, on her nightstand, etc…
- Surprise her by writing little love notes and/or draw funny faces on the eggs in the refrigerator.
- Get a large empty prescription bottle and fill it with pink and red mini M&M’s. Create a custom label, something like this:
- Patient: (Your pet name for your lover)
- Medication: Libido Liberator – Extra Strength
- Side Effect: Love Sickness and Hot Flashes
- Dosage: A Handful or Two
- Refills: See Prescribing Physician Only.
- Physician: Doctor of Love, (Your name)
- Take posed photos of your pet (as if they have taken a selfie) then send the pics to your love throughout the day. Add fun captions to the pictures.
- Visit a zoo or farm and take random photos of various wildlife and/or nature (two swans, two turtle doves, two peas in a pod, two ears of corn, etc…) Then print the pictures, add a fun and silly text and place them in a photo album with a note that says: “Mates for life!” Include pictures of the two of you throughout the album.
just for fun
- Call his/her parents and ask if you can have a favorite toy or item from his childhood. Wrap it up and include a touching handwritten note. (Most parents will love to be a part of this!)
- Surprise her with a cute stuffed animal, place a love note or redeemable coupon on it, then hide it for the other to find that evening, (in her gym bag, in her closet, on the bathroom sink, etc… (This is fun to do throughout the year too!)
- Place a red rose and a pair of sexy new panties on the front seat of his car, along with a note: “I appreciate the work you do. I”ll demonstrate just how much I appreciate you when you get home tonight.”
- Float a rose in the kitchen sink, along with a note to the side that says: “Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you? Well, I do. You deserve to put your feet up!” Present her with a gift card for a massage and/or manicure/pedicure.
- Send five different types of flowers to her at work, timed to arrive one-per-hour, beginning five hours before she leaves work. Write a five-part love note, with one part accompanying each flower.
- Hide little one-line notes all over his car: on the sun visor, in the glove compartment, in the ash tray, in the trunk, under the hood, on the mirror, on the seat belt, etc…
- Wash and clean out his car, (or pay someone to detail it) then fill it with red balloons.
- Place a single red rose under the driver’s side windshield wiper of the car or tuck it in the car handle.
- Put a sticky note on a bottle of Joy dishwashing liquid: “Every day with you is pure JOY.”
- Bake him a delicious Sunshine Cake, top it with one giant sunflower and attached a note: “You are the sunshine of my life,” along with a copy of Steve Wonder’s song “You are the Sunshine of My Life.”
- Hide Bud Beer in the refrigerator with a note that reads, “This bud’s for you!”
- Make homemade caramel cluster pecans, fill a basket full of them and put a note on the handle that says, “I’m really sweet on you!”
- Fill a cookie jar with his favorite homemade chocolate chip cookies, Teddy Bear Cookies or heart shaped sugar cookies, then tie a big red bow around it.
- Make heart shaped pancakes, or healthy Maple Chai Quinoa Parfaits for breakfast.
- Make a delicious and healthy “I Heart Salad” for lunch.
- Box up supplies to make homemade S’mores and attach a note that says: “I want S’more of you!”
- Put a note on a box of Cheerios: “Just knowing you love me cheers me up!”
- Put a note on a box of Lucky Charms: “I’m so lucky to have you in my life!”
- Put a note on a box of Ritz Crackers: “Let’s ‘Put On The Ritz’ tonight! Let’s go dancing!”
- Put a note on a bottle of Tabasco sauce: “I’m Hot for you!”
- Put a not on a roll of Lifesavers: “You’re a lifesaver!”
- Put a note on a package of Fire Ball candy: “Wow! You are such a Fire Ball!”
- Make an easy 3 Ingredient Strawberry Dessert or a Red Velvet White Chocolate Trifle for dessert.
- Fill up a gift bag with HERSHEY’S Kisses: “Here are a few KISSES to hold you over until I can hold you again.”
- Buy a bottle of his favorite wine, a wine chiller and two wine glasses etched with his, and your, initials.
something a little sexy
- Hide a pair of your sexiest panties and bra with a note that says, “I can’t wait for tonight!” and place them in his briefcase or gym bag.
- Have lingerie delivered to her at work with a note that says, “I can’t wait to see you in this.”
- Make a path of flicker candles/lanterns leading from the front door to your bedroom.
- Write a fake traffic ticket and place it under the windshield wiper. Violations listed could be: Driving Me Crazy. Speeding Down the Highway of Love. Leaving the Scene of Love. Possible restitution ideas: Taking the judge out to dinner. Bribing the Officer. One Sensual Back-rub. One hot bubble bath by candlelight.
- Put a note on a new bar of Caress Soap: “This is what I’m going to do to you tonight.”
- Attach a note to a new bottle of James Bond 007 Eau De Toilette Spray: “You can save me any day, 007!”
- Light candles… lots of candles!
Have fun with these Valentine’s Day ideas and get those romantic sparks flying!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
More great ideas from Blessed Beyond Crazy: