This Red Velvet White Chocolate Trifle is a recipe that I think you’ll definitely want to keep in your arsenal of favorite recipes. It’s easy to make, a great alternative to regular cake and it is a beautiful dessert. What’s not to love?
Let me tell you right up front that this recipe is NOT gluten-free, however, I am providing a gluten-free recipe and a great homemade gluten-free red velvet cake recipe link at the bottom of this post.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Last weekend we celebrated a family member’s birthday. I hosted a dinner party and invited our friends over to help us celebrate.
I originally planned on making a layered red velvet birthday cake. However, I quickly remembered that I had previously made a Birthday Cake Trifle.
It seems like everyone enjoys a yummy trifle! 🙂
A Red Velvet White Chocolate Trifle requires only a few ingredients:
- One red velvet cake mix
- A small box of white chocolate instant pudding
- Whole milk
- A carton of whipped topping
- Mini Oreo cookies
- A white chocolate candy bar
- One 3-quart trifle bowl
Okay, let me show you how to make your very own Red Velvet White Chocolate Trifle.
First, make the red velvet cake according to the box directions. Bake and cool completely, then cut it into serving sizes. l did not use the whole cake in this trifle, so I froze the remaining cake and will make quick individual parfaits at a later time.
While the cake is cooling go ahead and make the pudding according to the package directions. When the pudding is thick, fold in the whipped topping.
Now comes the fun part… assembling the trifle! Crumble several of the squares of cake in the bottom of your trifle bowl. Next, carefully spoon some of the creamy pudding on top of the red velvet cake crumbles. Make the layers approximately 2 inches high.
Sprinkle half a bag of mini Oreo’s on top of the creamy pudding layer.
Create little chocolate curls by shaving the end of the white chocolate bar with a potato peeler. Scatter them over the mini Oreo’s.
Finally, repeat the layering process and top with the remaining mini Oreo’s and white chocolate curls.
A Red Velvet White Chocolate Trifle is a great dessert for any occasion. The red and white colors would work well for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, bridal or baby shower, or in our case… a birthday party!
Red Velvet White Chocolate Trifle
A delicious trifle that's perfect for any occasion.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 white chocolate candy bar
- 2 (3.3 ounce each) boxes instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Oreo mini cookies
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- Make red velvet cake according to the box directions. Bake and cool completely, then cut it into serving sizes.
- Make pudding according to packaging directions. Fold in whipped topping.
- Crumble several of the squares of cake in the bottom of your trifle bowl.
- Carefully spoon part of the pudding mixture on top of the red velvet cake crumbles. (Make the layers approximately 2 inches high.)
- Sprinkle half a bag of mini Oreos on top of the creamy pudding layer.
- Make little chocolate curls by shaving the end of the white chocolate bar with a potato peeler. Scatter them over the mini Oreos.
- Repeat the layering process and top with the remaining mini Oreos and more white chocolate curls.
l did not use the whole cake in this trifle, so I froze the remaining cake and will make quick individual parfaits at a later time.
You just can’t go wrong serving a trifle for dessert. Why? Because trifles are rather versatile and probably one of the easiest desserts you can ever make.
To find a good homemade gluten-free red velvet cake recipe click here.
Most of all, I hope you enjoy this trifle recipe as much as we do.
More great ideas:
Leave a Reply