Start your day off right with a big hearty helping of Wake-Up Skillet Breakfast Hash. It’s a delicious breakfast that will keep you going all morning long. Save on dishes, grab a fork and eat it straight from the skillet.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I love breakfast. It’s probably my favorite meal of the day. Now I’m not talking boring old cereal or stale toast. Nope! No sir! At my house, we usually serve good old-fashioned made-from-scratch breakfast food.
Wake-Up Skillet Breakfast Hash is also at the top of the list of favorite breakfast foods. It’s quick, simple, filling, and easy to make gluten-free.
Place sausage in a well-seasoned 12-inch cast iron skillet. Cook, uncovered over medium heat until sausage is almost completely browned.
Add hash brown potatoes to the skillet and cook until they begin to soften.
Next, cook the mixture until both the sausage and hash browns are cooked through.
Now it’s time to add additional ingredients. I like to use leftover vegetables in my Wake-Up Breakfast Skillet Hash. Things like bell peppers, mushroom, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, and spinach work great. Season with sea salt and pepper.
(Since I am allergic to onions I leave those out, however, if I could eat them I would definitely add them.)
Push the potato mixture to the sides of the skillet and place eggs in the center.
Now, stir the eggs into the potato mixture.
Finally, turn off the stove and top the hash with cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid just until the cheese it melts.
Start your morning right with this quick, easy and hearty breakfast.
- 1 pound ground seasoned sausage (I use gluten-free Jimmy Dean All Natural Regular ground sausage)
- 3 cups diced hash brown potatoes (I use Mr. Dell's all natural gluten-free hash brown potatoes)
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced (optional)
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 - 12 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese (I use gluten-free Sargento shredded Cheddar Jack cheese)
- Place sausage in a well-seasoned 12-inch cast iron skillet. Cook, uncovered over medium heat until sausage is almost completely browned. Add hash brown potatoes to the skillet and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add bell pepper, onion, spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Push potato mixture to the sides of skillet. Pour eggs into center. Cook until eggs are almost set; stir eggs into potato mixture.
- Turn stove off. Top hash with cheese; cover skillet with lid until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Every bite of Wake-Up Skillet Breakfast Hash will have your taste buds doing a little happy dance.
What’s your favorite breakfast food?
More great ideas: