Green Low-Carb Protein Pancakes — Healthy and easy to make low-carb yet full of protein pancakes. Made with more than one surprising ingredient! BUT they taste just like French Toast! You’ll have to eat these to believe it!
When I was pregnant with my fourth child (4 Things that Made My 4th Pregnancy Better) I craved everything that was unhealthy! But I knew that avoiding carbs would help me keep my pregnancy weight under control as well as keep the heartburn at bay.
That’s where I discovered these low-carb protein pancakes! Plus eating lots of protein helped me avoid eating empty calories –> (which would have meant more weight gain).
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I decided to add a handful of spinach to these pancakes to up the nutrition! Plus I love sneaking vegetables, especially spinach, into my food. Check out 10 Sneaky Ways to Add Spinach to Your Diet.
You can’t taste the spinach but it does give these pancakes a green color.
These low-carb protein pancakes are really quick and easy to make because you throw everything into a blender! Making the batter only takes a few moments! This also equals fewer dirty dishes!!!! Always a plus in my home!
Here is the blender that I have and LOVE!
Totally trick your kids into eating spinach by making these for St. Patrick’s Day! Even if isn’t March (which it currently isn’t) my kids never remember when St. Patty’s day is anyway. Disclaimer: I do not condone lying to your kids… but I also might not correct them if they assume it is St. Patrick’s Day on their own!
To make these gluten-free make sure to use gluten-free oats! Find gluten-free oats here!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- a handful of spinach
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into a skillet on medium heat. (Use oil in your pan if you are worried about the pancake sticking). Use more batter if you like bigger pancakes.
- Wait 2 minutes and flip. Continue cooking until both sides of the pancake are firm. In the video it appears to only take 3 seconds per side… but I hope you realize that is because the video is sped up. It really (unfortunately) takes 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
These low-carb protein pancakes also freeze really well, so make a double or triple batch! When you are ready for a pancake just remove one from the freezer and microwave for 30 seconds then heat in a skillet until hot.
If you want chocolate chip pancakes then fold those in after you blend everything together.
I also love to use these as low-carb sandwich bread/buns. Just omit the vanilla and cinnamon.
You might notice that I did not add any sugar or sweetener of any sort to these low-carb protein pancakes.
- First of all, because that would up the carbs and defeat the point of making these low-carb.
- Second, because sugar is unhealthy and I tried to make these as healthy as possible.
- And third, because I’m assuming you’re going to add Pure Maple Syrup, cream cheese, and/or fruit on top of these pancakes which will add more than enough sweetness!