Have you ever heard of or made Beach Cookies? If not, you just might want to try this recipe. Recently, my friend, Pauline, shared this recipe with me and I’m so thankful she did. These cookies are simply delightful and extremely easy to make gluten-free!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
To make Beach Cookies begin by creaming together butter, oil, vanilla, and egg. Next, add all of the dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Roll or use a cookie scoop to shape the dough into small balls. Place the cookie balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Next, gently smash each cookie ball with a fork.
Some of our other favorite cookies are:
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Easy Rice Krispies Butterscotch Coconut Cookies
- Chinese Five-Spice Cookies
- Kid’s Favorite Gluten-Free Jumbo Cookies
- Quick and Easy Gingersnap Cookies
- Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies
- Cherry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies
- The Softest Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Bake and Enjoy
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes, or until light brown.
Store Beach Cookies in an air-tight container. You can also freeze these cookies. I like to make a batch, put some in my cookie jar, and freeze the rest.
Just look at that plate of yummy Beach Cookies! Mmm!
Beach Cookies have a wonderful, crisp texture, and delightful flavors. Easy to make gluten-free too.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 2 cup Rice Krispies (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 4 cups flour (GF Option: use a gluten-free blend + 4 teaspoons xantham gum, unless it's already in your GF flour blend)
- Optional: 1 cup unsweetened coconut and/or 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- NOTE: If using sweetened coconut cut granulated sugar amount in half.
- Cream together butter, oil, vanilla, and egg. Add remaining dry ingredients.
- Roll or scoop dough into small balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Gently smash cookies with a fork.
- Bake 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes, or until light brown.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Feel free to divide the recipe in half if you want fewer cookies.
These cookies freeze well.
Enjoy making your very own Beach Cookies!
More great ideas: