Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are a wonderfully classic treat. I mean seriously, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is always a delicious medley. Plus, as you know, these cookies are just the right size. Not too big and not too small. And if you really love peanuts why not toss a few extra chopped ones in for good measure? I did!
Also, this delightful dessert can easily be made gluten-free!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whenever I think of time-honored recipes I often think of this cookie recipe. These beloved cookies seem to always be a hit with both young and old alike. As proof, you’ll usually find them on a cookie tray at Christmastime.
If you are a peanut butter lover then you may also enjoy:
- Peanut Butter M&M Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits
- Peanut Butter Muffins
- Peanut Butter Dip
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Mini Peanut Butter Bumble Bees
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe yields approximately 3 dozen cookies. That’s good because it provides several options such as:
- Place half of them in your cookie jar and freeze the other half for later.
- Freeze them all for later.
- Put them in a bakery box and add a cute bakery gift tag and gift them to someone special.
- Eat them all yourself!
I don’t know about you, but it seems there’s something homey and comforting about a jar full of fresh-out-of-oven cookies!
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
A delicious classic cookie recipe.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand of shortening)
- 1-1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cup flour (GF Option: use gluten-free flour and 1-1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum unless flour already contains it)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (to roll cookies in)
- 36 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses (GF Option: as of the creation of this post this particular brand is gluten-free. Always be sure to read labels yourself because ingredients and manufacturing process can change at any time)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and egg.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and mix until ingredients are well combined. Stir in chopped peanuts.
- Scoop cookie dough using a teaspoon. Form dough into round balls; roll in granulated sugar and place onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately place a chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Store in an air-tight container.
NOTE: Allow chocolate kisses to cool and become firm before stacking cookies.
More great ideas:
Leave a Reply