A Caramel Apple Pecan Dessert Pizza presents a delicious combination of flavors for your taste buds. It’s like a caramel apple and an apple pie joined forces, invited pecans to the party, and forged an amazing trio!
Oh, I should also tell you that this dessert is extremely easy to make gluten-free and this option is listed on the recipe card.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy A is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Don’t you just love a good pizza? I mean, seriously, in my book, pizza night is always something to look forward to.
Heck, now that I think about it, why not start the day with an Ultimate Loaded Breakfast Pizza? Mmm Mmm
The first step when making a Caramel Apple Pecan Pizza Dessert is to make a bottom crust. You can use any homemade or store-bought pie dough you like. However, if you need a gluten-free pie dough recipe, we have one for you. Because there are several members in my family that are on a gluten-free diet, myself included, we make a 3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Pie Crust, (as shown in the photo above). It’s super quick and easy to make and turns out fabulous every time. You really should check it out if you need a gluten-free pie crust.
Step 1 – Make or buy pie dough and press it into the bottom of a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan. Set aside while you move on to Step 2.
The second step is to place a combination of sugar, flour, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Next, peel and chop 4 medium size apples and place them in the bowl. Toss the apples until they are well coated with the cinnamon mixture.
Now it’s time to place the sugary coated apples over the pie dough. Make sure to spread them out evenly and to the very edge of the pan.
The fourth step is to make a crumble mixture for the very top of the pizza. It consists of flour, brown sugar, quick cooking rolled oats, softened butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the top of the pizza.
The final step is to bake the pizza in a 350-degree F. preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
(NOTE: Use a gluten-free caramel sauce when making a GF pizza.)
Ready to Serve!
Finally, cut the warm Caramel Apple Pecan Dessert Pizza into slices and serve.
Ice Cream Anyone?
If you feel so inclined, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each serving and add an extra drizzle of caramel sauce. Dessert is served!
If you love caramel apples and apple pie, you'll love this easy-to-make dessert.
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (GF Option: use gluten-free pie dough)
- APPLE MIXTURE:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour (GF Option: use a gluten-free blend)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup flour (GF Option: use a gluten-free flour blend and 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup caramel topping (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- Roll out pie dough to fit a 12-inch pizza pan. Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add apples and toss until well coated. Spoon apples evenly over the dough.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the pizza.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes or until the apples are tender. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
We hope you enjoy this amazing dessert!
Happy Pizza Night!
More Great Ideas: