If you love coffee as much as my family does, I’m confident you’ll be happy to learn how to make this crumble Coffee Ice Cream Dessert. Not only is it scrumptious, but it’s also an easy-to-make gluten-free treat. Therefore, grab your bestie and a couple of cups of your favorite java, and enjoy a generous slice of this refreshing dessert!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
To make the bottom crumble crust, combine melted butter, and crushed Chocolate Chex Cereal (which is gluten-free as of the writing of this post.) Next, lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish. Pour the cereal mixture into the dish. Using the back of a spoon, pat the cereal until it evenly covers the entire bottom of the dish.
Next, carefully spoon softened coffee ice cream over top of the cereal mixture. NOTE: (For a GF option be sure to use a gluten-free brand of ice cream.)
Sprinkle more of the crushed cereal evenly over top of the ice cream. NOTE: Feel free to add additional toppings such as Heath Bits, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, etc… (Be sure to use gluten-free toppings if you are making a gluten-free version!)
Finally, freeze for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve simply cut the Coffee Ice Cream Dessert into squares. This recipe yields approximately 9 servings, depending on the size of each serving. (Note: expect the bottom crust to be on the crumbly side.)
I like to garnish each serving with whipped topping. A chocolate-covered espresso bean perched on top of the whipped topping would be a nice touch as well. (Note: again, be sure to use a gluten-free brand if you need this recipe to be GF.)
Although Coffee Ice Cream Dessert looks like a heavy dessert, it really isn’t. It is surprisingly light and delightfully refreshing.
A delightful, refreshing, and easy make-ahead frozen dessert that every coffee lover will enjoy. Easy to make gluten-free too!
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups crushed Chocolate Chex Cereal, divided (Chocolate Chex Cereal is gluten-free as of the writing of this post.
- 1.5-quart coffee-flavored ice cream softened (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- Whipped topping for garnish
- To make the crumble crust, mix together melted butter and 2 cups of crushed cereal. Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish. Pour cereal mixture into dish. Using the back of a spoon, pat the cereal until it evenly covers the entire bottom of the dish.
- Spoon softened coffee ice cream over top of the cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed cereal evenly over top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Cut into squares when ready to serve. (Note: the bottom crust will be a little crumbly.)
- Garnish with whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Feel free to add additional toppings such as Health Bits, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, etc... (Be sure to use gluten-free toppings if you are making a gluten-free version!)
Optional: chocolate-covered espresso beans placed on top of whipped topping.
If you truly are a coffee lover then be sure to check out these posts:
- Chocolate and Coffee Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 10 Ways to Turn Your Kitchen Into a Gourmet Coffee Shop
- 6 Quick and Easy Homemade Coffee Creamers
- Chocolate Coffee Toffee Puppy Chow
- Homemade Coffee Soap
- 20 Ideas That Will Inspire You To Host a Coffee Party
- DIY Coffee Corner
- DIY Sugar (coffee) Lip Scrub
I think you’ll agree that it’s ridiculously easy to make this Coffee Ice Cream Dessert and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
More great idea: