Nearly everyone I know enjoys the combination of chocolate, strawberries, and ice cream. Therefore, if you enjoy this combo too then this simple strawberry ice cream cake is sure to make you say, “Mmm! More please!”
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
An Impressive Dessert
Not only is this strawberry ice cream cake delicious, but it’s also a wonderful dessert to serve to guests. It’s always fun to see their expression when I bring it to the table. Their eyes light up and they can’t wait to taste it. I think serving it on a pretty serving platter or round cake stand really dresses it up.
You should know ahead of time that this dessert is made in stages. Having said that, you can choose to make it in one day or over the course of several days. Keep reading and I’ll explain how to make this impressive, yet simple strawberry ice cream cake.
First, you’ll need to make the base which is a yummy chocolate cake. This consists of combining flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, baking soda, salt, eggs, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water.
Next. lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Pour the cake batter into the pan.
Bake the cake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool complete.
Spread 1 cup hot fudge topping over cake. Freeze for about 1 hour or until topping is frozen.
Spread softened strawberry ice cream over the cake. Freeze until the ice cream is firm, or overnight.
Spread whipped topping evenly over the top of the ice cream.
Loosen and remove the springform pan. Carefully place the ice cream cake onto a pretty serving platter. Garnish with fresh strawberries and chocolate curls. (NOTE: To make chocolate curls use a vegetable peeler and shave the side of a chocolate candy bar.)
To make cutting easier, allow the strawberry ice cream cake to thaw for a couple of minutes then cut and serve immediately.
Each and every bite is a delicious combination of scrumptious chocolate, strawberries, and creamy whipped topping.
How to Make a Simple Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
A delicious, refreshing, and flavorful make-ahead frozen dessert.
- CAKE LAYER:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (GF Option: use gluten-free flour blend + 2 teaspoons xanthan gum unless flour already contains it)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- ICE CREAM LAYER:
- 1 cup hot fudge topping (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1.5 quarts strawberry ice cream, slightly softened (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 8-ounces whipped topping (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- chocolate curls (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand of chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water; stir until well blended. Immediately pour into pan. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Spread 1 cup hot fudge topping over cake. Freeze for about 1 hour or until topping is frozen.
- Spread softened ice cream over cake. Freeze until ice cream is firm, or overnight.
- Top ice cream with whipped cream. Loosen and remove springform pan; place cake on serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and chocolate curls.
- To make cutting easier, allow ice cream cake to thaw for a couple of minutes then cut and serve immediately.
What’s your favorite frozen dessert?
More Great Ideas:
Leave a Reply