This Black Cherry Pecan Salad is an incredibly simple recipe and one that makes a fabulous addition to any meal. Everyone in my family raves about it every single time (no joke!) I make it, and therefore, I think it’s a recipe you may enjoy as well. Oh, yeah, did I mention it’s also easy to make this salad gluten-free?
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
In order to make Black Cherry Pecan Salad, you’ll need black cherry gelatin, both hot and cold water, a can of pitted dark sweet cherries, whipped topping, and chopped pecans. (NOTE: You can also place a few fresh cherries on top as a garnish.)
First, dissolve the gelatin in 2 cups hot water and stir until fully dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water and the cherries, including the juice. Refrigerate until completely set (as seen in the photo above).
Don’t worry if it seems there aren’t many cherries floating on top. They naturally drift to the bottom as the gelatin sets and it doesn’t matter in the end. (See Step 2 below)
Next, gently stir the set gelatin until it turns chunky as seen in the photo above. Naturally, once you’ve stirred the gelatin the cherries that drifted to the bottom are mixed in.
Fold in the whipped topping until well incorporated.
Gently stir chopped pecans into the salad and immediately spoon the mixture into a pretty glass salad bowl.
Finally, sprinkle the top with a few more pecans and refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve. Feel free to garnish this salad with additional fresh cherries.
An incredibly simple recipe and one that makes a fabulous addition to any meal.
- 1 (6 ounces OR two 3 ounces) boxes of black cherry gelatin (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (15 ounces) can pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 (8 ounces) whipped topping (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (reserve a few for garnish)
- Optional: fresh Black cherries for garnish
- Place gelatin in 2 cups of hot water; stir until fully dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water and cherries (including juice). Refrigerate until completely set.
- Stir the set gelatin until chunky. Add whipped topping and pecans; stir until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle top with chopped pecans. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve.
- Optional: garnish with fresh Black cherries.
You may also like these salads:
- Easy Pear Lime Jell-O Salad
- Red and Green Christmas Gelatin Salad
- Quick and Easy 5 Cup Salad
- Holiday Cranberry Salad
- No-Bake Frozen Fruit Salad
- Green Jello Salad
I think you’ll agree that in addition to being delicious, this Black Cherry Pecan Salad is ridiculously easy to make.
What’s your favorite salad recipe?
More great ideas: