Healthy Apple Salad makes a great snack, breakfast, or a healthy dessert option since it is full of protein and healthy fats!
Traditionally, apple salad is a dessert and is full of sugar from whip topping or marshmallows. While my healthy apple salad will definitely make you think you are eating dessert, the reality is that there is no unhealthy sweetener added, only naturally occurring sugars from the apple and honey.
This is naturally gluten-free!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. apple pie spice
- Honey, to taste (could sub. for maple syrup)
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 serving of nuts (i.e. 14 almonds), chopped — it is so fast and easy to chop nuts using one of these!
- a heaping spoonful of sunflower seeds (optional)
- Stir Greek yogurt, apple pie spice, and honey together.
- Fold in diced apple, nuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Keeps for at least one day in the fridge (maybe longer, I’ve always eaten it within 24 hours so I’m not sure the exact amount of time it lasts).
- Makes two servings.
- I made this with a Gala apple, but I think any type would be delicious!
I personally LOVE the sunflower seeds and think it gives a great nutty flavor and crunch. However, if you don’t like them or don’t have them in your pantry, you can omit them.
Don’t forget to pin it!
If you are looking for more apple recipes be sure to check out our other recipes!