Anyone who knows me knows that cheesecake is one of my all-time favorite desserts. I love trying new cheesecake recipes and experimenting with various flavors and combinations. This particular recipe for Pumpkin-Chai Cheesecake with Caramel-Rum Sauce really is heavenly.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Pumpkin-Chai Cheesecake with Caramel-Rum Sauce is perfect for fall, although I serve it all year round. In addition to serving pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving, consider serving this cheesecake as well. It’s always nice to have options.
The recipe starts by making a graham cracker crust. Use regular graham crackers or modify the recipe to be GF by using gluten-free graham crackers.
Next, a yummy cream cheese layer is added.
Followed by another layer of delicious pumpkin + spices mixture.
While the cheesecake is baking it’s time to make a scrumptious Caramel Rum Sauce!
In the end, you’ll have created a decadent dessert that everyone will be drooling over.
A delicious cheesecake that's loaded with yummy flavors.
- 2 cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers (GF option: use gluten-free graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum OR 1/4 teaspoon rum extract (GF option: use a gluten-free brand of rum)
- Dollop of whipped cream and/or dusting of ground cinnamon.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, mix crushed graham crackers and butter together. Press mixture in bottom and 1 inch up the side of pan. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes. To minimize cracking, place a shallow baking dish half full of hot water on the lower oven rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon 3 cups of the mixture onto crust; spread evenly. To remaining cream cheese mixture, add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cardamom; mix until smooth. Spoon over mixture in pan. Gently smooth top of cream cheese mixture with spatula. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 1 hour 20 minutes, or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan and center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Turn off oven; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Carefully loosen, and remove the sides of the springform pan. Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- In small saucepan on medium-low heat, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons butter; stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a rolling boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipped cream; heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat; stir in rum. Cool.
- Cut into individual serving slices. For great presentation, serve slices on cute dessert plates.
- Top each serving with a drizzle of warm sauce, a dollop of whipped cream and/or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
This cheesecake freezes well, however, do not add the Caramel-Rum Sauce until right before serving.
You may also enjoy these cheesecake recipes:
- Holiday Spice Cheesecake
- Simple Chocolate & Coffee Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Rhubarb Swirl Cheesecake
- Snickers Chocolate Cheesecake
- Blueberry Topped Cheesecake
- Caramel Pecan Chocolate Cheesecake
- German Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Heath Bits Cheesecake
This Pumpkin-Chai Cheesecake with Caramel-Rum Sauce is a perfect dessert to serve at your Thanksgiving meal, or at any holiday or family gathering. Your guest will enjoy the wonderful flavors of cream cheese + pumpkin + Chai + caramel + spiced rum! What’s not to love?
Be sure to check out all of our cheesecake recipes such as Caramel Pecan Chocolate Cheesecake.
I hope that you and your loved ones enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do.
More great ideas: