Cheesecake is good! Cupcakes are good! Cheesecake Cupcakes are the BEST!
I have been doubly blessed that both my mother and mother-in-law are amazing cooks! I have so many delicious recipes from them both!
This delicious cheesecake cupcake recipe came from my mother-in-law. I think it is probably her favorite dessert because she makes it OFTEN! I can’t say I blame her. We are always excited when we go to her home for a family meal and this is the dessert!
In my own humble opinion these are better than a normal cheesecake for several reasons:
- Portion control (except when you eat
fivethree in one sitting)
- They are pretty and you don’t have to worry about the center cracking like in a large normal cheesecake.
- These are not quite as rich in taste.
- They are faster to make.
- They are not super sweet.
- There are many topping options, so everyone can have what they want.
But don’t get me wrong! I still LOVE normal cheesecake!
There are two parts to this recipe: the cheesecake part and the filling part.
The first part is to simply beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Make sure the cream cheese is soft first. The batter will not be perfectly smooth, however the baking process removes any lumps. Fill up your cupcake liners 2/3 full.
You can use normal muffin/cupcake tins with cupcake liners, however I prefer silicone cupcake liners! They are reusable – which means I can make cupcakes or muffins whenever I want (because I would probably forget to buy paper liners in advance!). Also, since they are reusable that means they will save me money and eventually pay for themselves!
There are many options on Amazon. After carefully looking over all my options I chose these, Silicone Cupcake Liners, because they were the best deal, they were available on Prime, and they had wonderful reviews. (There were a few options that were cheaper, but the reviews weren’t quite as good). Since most recipes make more than 12 muffins/cupcakes, I went with a 24 pack. That way I wouldn’t have to bake two separate batches.
After making my cheesecake cupcakes I would highly recommend these Silicone Cupcake Liners. Plus, they are super cute! When cleaning, simply flip the silicone cupcake holders inside out, soak them for a few minutes in soapy water, scrub them with a sponge and watch them clean right up!
Pop the cupcakes in the oven for approximately 40 minutes, (or until the centers are set).
After removing the cupcakes from the oven, don’t be surprised when the middle of the cupcakes sink. This is exactly what you want! Fill that little dip in the center with the filling (made of sour cream, sugar and vanilla), then pop them back into the oven for about 5 minutes, (this allows the filling to set-up).
When the cupcakes are finished baking just refrigerate them for a little while until they are nice and chilled. When you are ready to serve them, simply top them with your favorite toppings.
- fresh fruit
- chopped candy bars
- candy sprinkles
- caramel sauce
- chocolate shavings, chunks or sauce
- fruity jam
- dessert sauce (The raspberry one is my MIL’s favorite!) Find them here: Dessert Toppings
- eat them plain! (This is usually my favorite way to eat them, unless I’m in desperate need of chocolate!)
You can easily make this a half-batch but I really don’t know why you would want to. Chances are you’d probably regret that 😉
I dare you to eat just one!
- 3 packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese with 1 cup sugar and eggs.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Pour into muffin liners, 2/3 full
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Prepare filling by mixing sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp vanilla.
- Remove cup cakes from oven, they will fall in the middle.
- Fill center of cup cakes with sour cream mixture.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Top with favorite toppings.
What’s your favorite cheesecake topping?
Don’t forget to pin it!!