Heath Bits Cheesecake (GF Option) is one of my family’s all-time favorite cheesecake recipes! It’s super simple to make and we love the added touch of Health Bits candies.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
First of all, let’s set the record straight… Yes, cheesecake is one of my all-time favorite desserts and this particular Heath Bits Cheesecake recipe is my standard “go-to” recipe. It requires few ingredients, it’s super easy to make, it freezes well, and my family loves everything about it.
This Christmas I received a Candy Apple Red KitchenAid Mixer! I couldn’t WAIT to try it out! Heath Bits Cheesecake was the first thing I made using my new mixer! (I’m sure I will be making many, many more cheesecakes in the future with it!)
Here is how to make this delicious Heath Bits Cheesecake.
Yields 8 - 10 servings
A delicious and easy cheesecake recipe
20 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers - (*gluten free version use gluten free graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cheesecake Mixture:
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (*gluten free version use gluten free vanilla)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream (*gluten free version use gluten free sour cream such as Daisy brand)
- 1 1/3 cups Heath Bits candy
- For the crust - combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Place graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 9 springform pan, gently pressed the mixture 1/2 inch up the sides, and smoothed it in the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the filling - cream together vanilla, sugar, cream cheese, eggs and sour cream.
- Pout half of the cheesecake batter on top of the graham cracker mixture and sprinkled 1 cup Heath Bit candies on top.
- Spoon remaining cheesecake mixture over the Heath Bits.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until the center of the cheesecake is set.
- When the cheesecake is finished baking, remove it from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup Heath Bits on top. The heat makes the Heath Bit candies melt into the top of the cheesecake.
- Cool 15 minutes, then loosened and remove the sides.
- Cool completely before removing it from the bottom of the pan.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
**To make this recipe gluten-free simply use gluten-free graham crackers, vanilla, and sour cream. All other ingredients in this recipe are naturally gluten-free**
Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Crust!
These are the gluten-free graham crackers that I used.
I placed the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 9 springform pan, gently pressed the mixture 1/2 inch up the sides, and smoothed it in the bottom of the pan.
Next, I poured half of the cheesecake batter on top of the graham cracker mixture and sprinkled 1 cup Heath Bit candies on top.
Finally, I spooned the remaining cheesecake mixture over the Heath Bits.
I baked the cheesecake for one hour at 350 degrees.
After the cheesecake finished baking, I removed it from the oven and immediately sprinkled the remaining 1/3 cup Heath Bits on top. The heat made the Heath Bit candies melt into the top of the cheesecake.
The cheesecake was allowed to cool for 15 minutes, then the sides were loosened and removed. I allowed the cheesecake to cool completely before removing it from the bottom of the pan. This was actually very hard to do because I just wanted to grab a fork and dive right into that delicious mound of heavenly sweet goodness!!!
Heath Bits Cheesecake freezes well. Consequently, it makes this a wonderful dessert to keep on hand for the holidays, family gatherings, and parties.
Do you have a favorite cheesecake recipe?
More great recipes:
Leave a Reply