Chicken Parmesan is a meal that is not only flavorful but also satisfying and filling. Furthermore, it’s a meal that is absolutely perfect to serve to both family and guests.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can definitely make this recipe gluten-free! With the exception of bread crumbs and noodles, all of the other ingredients are naturally gluten-free. To make a gluten-free version simply use gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free spaghetti noodles.
Do I Have to Serve Chicken Parmesan With Noodles?
No, you certainly do not need to serve spaghetti noodles with Chicken Parmesan. Instead of noodles, sometimes I serve baked sweet potatoes, asparagus, creamed corn, brussel sprouts, or turnips on the side. Another idea is to simply serve a salad on the side.
How Do I Make the Sauce?
Personally, I use homemade versatile tomato sauce, however, feel free to use your own favorite 100% pure or organic tomato sauce. Additional sauce ingredients include 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 Tablespoons diced onion, 1 Tablespoon of fresh or dried parsley, and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
First, mix together the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion, and parsley in a small saucepan and cook the mixture over medium heat. Next, in a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons water. Slowly whisk the cornstarch slurry into the tomato mixture and continue cooking until the mixture thickens then set the sauce aside.
How Do I Coat the Chicken?
To coat the chicken breast combine 2/3 cup dried bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, remaining 2 Tablespoons parsley in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Next, drizzle a little olive oil over each chicken breast (smear over the entire surface and on both sides). Dip the chicken breast into the crumb mixture (coat both sides). Place the breast in a 12×8-inch or a 10×10-inch baking dish. Drizzle the top of each chicken breast with a little more olive oil. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F. oven for 25-30 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions; set aside. Now remove the chicken from the oven and pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese over the top of each chicken breast. Return to the oven and bake until the mozzarella melts and the sauce is hot (about 10-15 minutes). Serve chicken and sauce over noodles and garnish with fresh basil.
This tender, easy-to-make, and delicious Chicken Parmesan is an amazing dinner option, any day of the week! Easy to make gluten-free too.
- 8 ounces 100% pure tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup dried bread crumbs (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand of bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts (1-1/2 to 2 pounds), split and skin removed
- Olive Oil
- Spaghetti noodles (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand of noodles)
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Mix together tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion, and 1 Tablespoon parsley in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons water. Slowly whisk into tomato mixture and continue to heat until mixture thickens; set sauce aside. (If you like your sauce thicker simply use more cornstarch + a little water.)
- Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and remaining parsley in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each chicken breast (smear over entire surface and on both sides). Dip chicken breast in crumb mixture (evenly coat both sides). Place in a 12x8-inch or 10x10-inch baking dish. Drizzle top of chicken breast with another light drizzle of olive oil. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven; pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle mozzarella and remaining Parmesan over the top of each chicken breast. Return to oven and bake until mozzarella melts and sauce is hot (approx. 10 to 15 minutes).
- Serve chicken and sauce over noodles; garnish with fresh basil.
We hope you enjoy this fabulous, tender Chicken Parmesan as much as we do!
What is your favorite chicken recipe?
More great ideas: