First of all, let me start this post by saying I can’t begin to describe just how deliciously delectable a slice of this Sour Cream Banana Bread truly is. Somehow the words escape me, although you can rest assured the combination of bananas, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla, and sour cream is always delightful.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
I honestly do not remember where or when I discovered this fabulous recipe. If I had to guess, I’d say it was probably from a lady at church. You KNOW how church ladies can cook!!! Lol! Regardless, whoever created this amazing recipe needs to win an award and receive a huge hug for creating it! Yes, ma’am! It’s a keeper!
Make 4 Loaves
Now, just to let you know upfront, one recipe will make 4 loaves (7″ x 3″ loaf pans) of Sour Cream Banana Bread. Therefore, if you aren’t interested in making 4 loaves, simply cut the recipe in half. Another option is to freeze the extra loaves for later use. (Psst, they are really nice to have on hand!)
Moist and Delicious
As you might have guessed by now, the combination of bananas AND sour cream helps make this banana bread extra moist. The pecans and cinnamon also give it a hint of extra special flavors.
Sour Cream Banana Bread can be served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and therefore serves its purpose well.
In addition, loaves of banana bread make tasty DIY homemade gifts. (Think holidays, bridal brunch, birthday, housewarming, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, etc…)
Breakfast in Bed
Another idea is to wrap up a warm loaf in a cute kitchen towel or holiday kitchen towel. Next, place the loaf onto a serving tray with a table knife, tub of butter, beverage, and a nice handwritten note. Now, surprise that someone special with a delicious homemade breakfast in bed!!!
Yields 4 loaves (7" x 3" size)
Super moist and flavorful banana bread that can easily be modified to be gluten-free.
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1 (16-ounce) carton sour cream (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand such as Daisy sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspooons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups flour (GF Option: use gluten-free flour + 4 teaspoons xanthan gum unless flour already contains it + 4 Tablespoons ground flax)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon mixed into 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Grease 4 (7"x3") loaf pans, evenly divide batter between pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over top of each loaf.
- Bake in 325 degree F oven for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe?
More great ideas:
Leave a Reply