This post is part of my collaboration with eBay.
Spice blends are incredibly easy to make and add marvelous flavor to recipes. Buying spices in bulk, then mixing your own spice blends, can actually save you money in the long run. If purchasing organic spices you can rest assured knowing they are free of fillers, preservatives, and chemical additives.
Small bottles of DIY spice mixes make perfect stocking stuffers or a nice gift for the person who loves to bake and/or cook. Since there are so many delicious herbs and spices to choose from, you can easily customize the flavors to suit the individual and their taste.
Regardless of the dishes on your menu, simply adding the right spices can make a tremendous difference in the overall flavor.
Season Up the Holidays with 6 DIY Spice Blends:
- Roasting Spice Blend – good on all meats, especially poultry.
- Asian Spice Blend – good on beef, duck, pork and more.
- Italian Spice Blend – good with any meat paired with garlic or any Italian dish such as Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, lasagna and more.
- Curry Spice Blend – good with chicken, shrimp, vegetables or in any Indian dish.
- Mocha Spice Blend – tastes great rubbed on grilled chicken, pork, and seafood.
- Baker’s Spice Blend – good in pies, cookies, cakes, muffins and hot beverages.
Read the full post HERE!
Included is a list of 44 popular herbs and spices and what dishes they are best used in. I’ll also teach you how to dry-roast your own herbs and spices!
For an easy DIY gift idea: make your favorite DIY Spice Blend and place the mixture into a small jar. Don’t forget to add a cute bow and label/tag. Now you have a perfect DIY stocking stuffer!