Calling all doughnut lovers!!! Here’s How to Make the Best Fried Cranberry Doughnuts (Gluten-Free Option)!
You know a recipe is good when everyone stands around waiting for you to make it. Well, that’s certainly the case today. Especially if you love doughnuts as much as we do! Therefore, without further ado, let’s make some doughnuts!
(Note: all of the photos in this post are of the gluten-free version.)
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
As previously mentioned, all of the photos in this post are of the gluten-free version.
Just look at that lush, thick, cranberry-laden doughnut batter! Yes, ma’am! That gorgeous batter quickly turns into delicious doughnuts when fried. Yum!
In a bowl, beat egg; add sugar, butter, and milk. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir. Add baking powder and stir just until blended (don’t over stir). Gently fold in cranberries.
Did you know that cranberries are delicious in a wide variety of recipes? For example, they are wonderful in salads such as Make-Ahead Healthy Travel Salad, Autumn Harvest Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing, and Holiday Cranberry Salad.
Oh, and don’t forget about Cranberry Pomegranate Party Punch!!!
Scooping the Batter
Using a small cookie scoop drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil. The smaller size scoop makes the perfect size doughnuts.
Fry ’em Up!
The Fried Cranberry Doughnuts are done when they turn golden brown.
Drain doughnuts on paper towels.
Roll the doughnuts in granulated sugar while they are still warm.
The doughnuts are best when served fresh and still warm.
I cut a couple of cranberry doughnuts in half, so you can see all the yummy goodness!
Doughnuts are a family favorite and the addition of cranberries takes them to an entirely new level.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (GF Option: use gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (GF Option: use gluten-free baking powder)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Canola oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar to roll the doughnuts in
- In a bowl, beat egg; add sugar, butter, and milk. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir. Add baking powder and stir just until blended (don't over stir). Gently fold in cranberries.
- Heat oil in a stock pan or deep-fat fryer to 350 to 375 degrees F. Using a small cookie scoop drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil. Fry doughnuts a few minutes at a time, turning with a slotted spoon until golden brown (about 2 minutes) per side. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar while still warm.
These doughnuts freeze well up to 1 month.
Yet another wonderful thing about Fried Cranberry Doughnuts – they freeze well for up to 1 month. Just make sure to put them in a freezer container.
Now that you know how to make the best fried cranberry doughnuts (gluten-free option) you can teach others to make them.
More Great Ideas: