Surprisingly, this recipe for White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti is super easy and quick to make! The first time I made this biscotti recipe I was thrilled to be able to make a gluten-free version for my husband.
It seems that to us, the combination of coffee and biscotti is our adult version of milk and cookies. That’s probably why these rectangular twice-baked cookies are often found on platters of cookie during the holiday season.
All pictures within this post are gluten-free White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti. Yes! It really is as delicious as it looks!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
First of all, if you’ve ever had store-bought biscotti then you probably think of them as being rock hard and impossible to eat, unless they are dipped in coffee. However, this homemade biscotti recipe is truly delightful and more on the tender side. (Hmm, maybe that’s why my family is crazy about this recipe.)
Yes, it really is easy to make a gluten-free version (which is another reason to love it!) Consequently, White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti is a wonderful treat to serve during the holidays.
My gluten-free flour blend is a combination of:
Mix all together and store in an airtight container. This recipe will make 4 cups of flour. The biscotti only needs 3 cups of flour so you will have 1 cup flour left over.
White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
Ingredients: (Printable version at bottom of post)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a different bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, while creaming together. Mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices. Place cookies cut side down on baking sheets.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
*Only add xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour that does not already have a thickener added. Omit entirely if using all-purpose flour.
Rather than showing only pictures of the final product I want to show you what the biscotti looks like after the first bake. The first loaf has been sliced and the cut sides placed down. The second loaf has not yet been sliced.
Biscotti keeps best stored with waxed paper between each layer and kept in an airtight container (up to two weeks).
Delicious Homemade Gift
Finally, did you know that a plate of White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti makes a delicious homemade DIY gift? Simple wrap biscotti in a clear bag, place it in a cute basket along with hot chocolate blends, latte mixes, bags of herbal tea and a nice note.
I certainly hope that you will enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. What’s your favorite flavor of biscotti?
Looking for another Italian dessert? Check out my Strawberry Zabaione.