Strawberry Vanilla Cream Parfaits make a perfect summer dessert. You can make them in mason jars, or tall glasses or you dress them up by using pretty crystal stemware.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
I have fallen in love with parfaits…well, actually parfaits and trifles. They are creamy, cold, and easy to make and the combinations are endless! I am having so much fun making these delicious desserts and my husband is applauding me all along the way. (It might be because he is one of the recipients of these yummy treats!)
Today I was looking through my recipe box and found a wonderful microwave vanilla cream pudding recipe. It was one that my Mother had given me years and years ago and is my favorite homemade pudding recipe. One of the reasons I like it is that I always have the ingredients on hand so I can make it anytime the craving hits.
Strawberry Vanilla Cream Parfaits (GF Option)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (*gluten-free version: use gluten free flour blend)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (*gluten-free version: use certified gluten free vanilla)
- granola (*gluten-free version: use gluten free granola)
- whipped topping
- sliced fresh strawberries
- flaked coconut
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, corn starch, and salt.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Microwave on high; stirring every minute until the mixture is thick.
- After the mixture is completely cooked, add vanilla and stir well. *If you add the vanilla while the mixture is cooking the vanilla will not be as flavorful. Cool pudding, stirring occasionally.
- Place a layer of your favorite granola into the bottom of a parfait glass. Add a layer of pudding on top of granola. Continue layering until the stemware is filled to the brim.
- Garnish with whipped topping, sliced fresh strawberries, and a sprinkle of coconut. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Place a layer of your favorite granola into a pretty bowl or stemware. I used gluten-free granola.
Layer granola and pudding mixture until the stemware is filled to the brim. Top with whipped topping, sliced fresh strawberries, and a sprinkle of coconut. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
I hope that you enjoy Strawberry Cream Vanilla Parfaits!
Looking for pretty stemware? You might like these: Crystal Goblets
More great ideas:
Gluten-Free Birthday Cake Trifle
No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Leave a Reply