It seems that everyone in my family loves popcorn. Probably because it’s a snack that can either be simple or dressed up a bit. Take for instance this yummy recipe for SkinnyPop German Chocolate Caramel Popcorn! Talk about heavenly! Oh, baby! If you are a fan of German chocolate cake then you will love this easy, stove-top recipe (no baking required!).
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Before I go any further, I need to point out that this is NOT a sponsored post, nor did I receive any product or kickback from SkinnyPop. My family and I simply love SkinnyPop Popcorn and therefore I want to show you just how versatile their popcorn can be. Furthermore, their products have additional benefits such as:
- No Artificial Ingredients
- Tree Nut Free
- Preservative Free
- No Artificial Flavors
- Zero Trans Fat
- A Good Source of Fiber
Pretty awesome, huh? For this particular blog post, I used a bag of SkinnyPop Dusted Dark Chocolate. This popcorn is delicious right out the bag and I had a hard time not chowing down on it before finishing this post! Consequently, be sure to check out all of their scrumptious flavors over at SkinnyPop Popcorn.
SkinnyPop German Chocolate Caramel Popcorn features a wonderful combination of chocolate + caramel + pecans + coconut flavors.
This fabulous snack is sure to be a hit with your family and friends any day of the week. However, it’s also a great treat when served on game day, for a birthday party, sleepover, movie night, baby or bridal shower, wedding reception, Germanfest, the holidays, and so much more.
Here are a few key tips for making SkinnyPop German Chocolate Caramel Popcorn:
- Place popcorn in a large metal or glass bowl. DO NOT USE PLASTIC! When you pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn the hot caramel may melt the plastic if it comes into contact with it.
- You will need a long-handled wooden spoon or heat-resistant silicone spoon to stir and mix the hot caramel sauce and popcorn together.
- Do not add extracts until after the sauce is finished. If you add them during the cooking process the flavors of the extracts will “cook out” of the sauce and it will not be as flavorful.
- When adding the extracts to the hot caramel sauce the mixture will bubble and steam until it is fully blended in. Be careful not to stand directly over the pan during this process.
I recommend using quality chocolate extract and coconut extract when making this recipe.Personally, my favorite extracts are the Nielsen-Massey extracts because they are concentrated, pure gluten-free extracts that are full of rich flavor. They really are fabulous.
In conclusion, I think you’ll love this recipe. In addition, consider making a batch of SkinnyPop German Chocolate Caramel Popcorn and giving some away as a tasty homemade DIY gift. Therefore, I recommend loading up on a lot of SkinnyPop Popcorn!!!
More great ideas: