Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers is a quick and easy meal made on the stove-top (no need to turn on the oven). Easy to make sweet or spicy, depending on your taste!
I am one of the lucky gals because I have a husband that loves to cook! But he doesn’t follow recipes, he just throws stuff together (I think that might be typical for a man). One day he was trying to improve upon the classic stuffed peppers and this is how we ended up with inside-out stuffed peppers! Now, it is by far one of our all-time favorites! Even our young children love it! We eat this meal at least once a month.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
You won’t need to make anything else for dinner because this is a very filling meal with a great combination of flavors.
These Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers make fantastic leftovers and are naturally gluten-free!
You can make this with either regular bell peppers or mini-bell peppers. We’ve made it both ways. Usually our decision is based on which is cheaper at the store!
Inside Out Stuffed Peppers
- Cook 1 lb. of (gluten-free) sausage, save 2 Tablespoons of drippings.
- Cook 1 & 1/2 cups of rice.
- Wash the peppers, remove seeds, dice.
- Saute in sausage drippings, add garlic.
- Add cooked sausage, 1/2 cup of brown sugar (more or less to taste), can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, a small can of tomato sauce (8 oz.). Cook on high heat until everything is hot–about 3 more minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- Add cooked rice and stir together until well blended. Top with shredded Mexican or Colby-Jack cheese.
- 1 pound gluten-free sausage, plus drippings
- 1 & 1/2 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 or 3 large bell peppers, or a bag of mini peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (use a gluten-free brand)
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- Shredded Mexican or Colby-Jack cheese for topping
- Start cooking rice
- While rice is cooking, fry sausage, remove cooked sausage form pan, save 2 Tablespoons of drippings in pan.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds, and dice the peppers.
- Cook peppers in same pan with sausage drippings, over medium-high heat, until peppers are tender. Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add cooked sausage, can of tomatoes with green chilies, can of tomato sauce, and brown sugar.
- Reduce heat. Add cooked white rice, stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, top with cheese.
More great ideas: