Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers is a quick and easy meal made on the stove-top (no need to turn on the oven). Easy to make sweet or spicy, depending on your taste!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I am one of the lucky gals because I have a husband that loves to cook! But he doesn’t follow recipes, he just throws stuff together (I think that might be typical for a man). One day he was trying to improve upon the classic stuffed peppers and this is how we ended up with inside-out stuffed peppers! Now, it is by far one of our all-time favorites! Even our young children love it! We eat this meal at least once a month.
You won’t need to make anything else for dinner because this is a very filling meal with a great combination of flavors.
These Inside-Out Stuffed Peppers make fantastic leftovers and are naturally gluten-free!
You can make this with either regular bell peppers or mini-bell peppers. We’ve made it both ways. Usually, our decision is based on which is cheaper at the store!
Inside Out Stuffed Peppers
- Cook 1 lb. of (gluten-free) sausage, save 2 Tablespoons of drippings.
- Cook 1 & 1/2 cups of rice.
- Wash the peppers, remove seeds, dice.
- Saute in sausage drippings, add garlic.
- Add cooked sausage, 1/2 cup of brown sugar (more or less to taste), a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, a small can of tomato sauce (8 oz.). Cook on high heat until everything is hot–about 3 more minutes.
- Add cooked rice and stir together until well blended. Top with shredded Mexican or Colby-Jack cheese.