Instant Pot Chicken Chili is amazing and a perfect meal any day of the week.
The other night for supper I told my family we had chicken that needed to be cooked. No one could come up with a great idea of what to do with it. I said I wanted it to be fast, easy, healthy and flipping delicious!!!
Then we all laughed and laughed because that sort of idea doesn’t really exist.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Thanks to my Instant Pot, this meal is super fast and I only have one pot to wash afterward!
If you do not own an Instant Pot you can make this on the stovetop. Cook chicken separately in a skillet, shred and then add to soup. Saute onion in butter until tender, then add the rest of the ingredients.
You could also make this soup in a crockpot.
- 3 raw chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies (drain for less heat or add the juice for more heat)
- 1 can chili beans, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with water (to prevent clumping)
- 2 cups warm milk
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- shredded Mexican style cheese
- chopped green onions
- juice of 1 lime
- Cracked Sea salt and black pepper
- Add raw chicken, chicken broth, cumin, and diced white onion to Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot for manual for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred (find my secret for the fastest and easiest way to shred chicken here!) Add shredded chicken back to Instant Pot.
- Let Instant Pot switch to Keep Warm setting. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. If soup is no longer hot, switch to saute mode.
- Top with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, and green onion.
- This is naturally gluten-free… YAY!
- If you are using frozen chicken you will need to set your Instant Pot for 14 minutes.
Look at all those beautiful colors!
I hope you enjoy Instant Pot Chicken Chili as much as my family does!