Your family will come running when they know you’re serving Easy Creamy Chicken Pot Pie (Gluten-Free Option) for dinner! This fabulous casserole contains nearly everything you need for a complete meal, all in one amazing dish! In addition to that, it’s a great way to use up leftover vegetables and/or chicken. Let nothing go to waste, right? And, as the title suggests, this really is an easy recipe and one that’s ready to bake in just 10 minutes.
Please note that all the photos in this blog post are of the gluten-free version.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Cook cream cheese and chicken broth in a large saucepan on low heat until the cream cheese is completely melted and the mixture is well blended. Be sure to stir frequently with a whisk to prevent the mixture from burning.
Stir mixed vegetables, chicken, garlic salt, and pepper into the cream cheese mixture. (NOTE: I like to use gluten-free rotisserie chicken.)
Next, spoon the chicken mixture into a 9-inch baking dish and set it aside.
Whisk egg and milk together in a medium-size mixing bowl then stir in the baking mix, just until moistened.
Spoon the biscuit dough over the chicken/veggie mixture. Rather than having clumps of biscuit dough, you can use the back of a spoon to evenly spread it.
Another great way to use leftover chicken is to make Delicious Chicken Salad Sandwiches!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the casserole for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot. Refrigerate any leftovers.
As the name suggests, Easy Creamy Chicken Pot Pie (GF Option) is a simple, yet complete meal and one that's ready to bake in just 10 mins.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb FULLY COOKED, boneless, and skinless chicken breast, cubed (about 3 cups) (I like to use gluten-free rotisserie chicken)
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix (GF Option - use a gluten-free brand of baking mix)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook cream cheese and broth in a large saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is completely melted and the mixture is well blended, stirring frequently with a whisk. Stir in chicken, vegetables, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into 9-inch baking dish. Whisk together egg and milk in medium bowl until well blended; stir in the baking mix just until moistened. Spoon over chicken mixture. Place baking dish on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
It seems you just can’t go wrong with Easy Creamy Chicken Pot Pie.
What’s your favorite casserole?
More great ideas: