What do you do with an abundance of apples? You make delicious Apple Pecan Dump Cake of course!
Anna and I are super excited to be a part of this month’s 30 Day Recipe Challenge! This month, the roundup is featuring a variety of scrumptious APPLE recipe so be sure to scroll to the very end of this post to see the many drool-worthy apple creations.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you.
My love for apples probably came from growing up on a farm where we had several varieties of apple trees. In the fall, it was great being able to leisurely walk out to one of our apple trees and pluck off a delicious ripe juicy apple! As a result of having an abundance of apples, we enjoyed making our own homemade applesauce, apple pies, cakes, and other tasty apple treats regularly. Therefore, my love of apples developed early on.
While there are tons of great apple recipes, for now, let’s talk about Apple Pecan Dump Cake. This amazing dessert can easily be modified to be gluten-free and as a matter of fact, the pictures in this post are actually of the gluten-free version. Consequently, you may want to file this recipe away for the upcoming holidays. Seems like so many people must follow a gluten-free diet these days.
The step-by-step picture collage above shows the various steps to creating this tasty, yet easy dump cake.
- The first step is to wash, chop and place apples in a skillet with melted butter.
- A generous sprinkle of apple pie spice goes on top of the apples.
- Cook the apples just until tender, place the apples in a separate bowl.
- Add more butter to skillet and add chopped pecans, saute.
- Combine apples and pecans, stir.
- Next, add salted caramel topping and condensed milk to the mixture, stir.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased baking dish.
- Top with sugar cookie mix.
- Pour melted butter over top and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon.
When the Apple Pecan Dump Cake is finished baking, allow it to cool 5 minutes. Spoon into Findividual glass dessert bowls and top with ice cream.
There are many delicious flavors of ice cream that pair well with Apple Pecan Dump Cake. A personal favorite flavor is Salted Caramel ice cream. Another favorite is Vanilla Bean followed by Butter Pecan and Cinnamon ice cream. Coffee flavored ice cream would probably be another great combination as well.
Personally, I like Breyer’s gluten-free ice cream so I’ve provided a link to Breyer’s website HERE!
Because apples are so versatile they work well in numerous recipes. Everything from Spiced Applesauce Pecan Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting, to a Mini Cast Iron Skillet Pie, as well as Apple Pie Oatmeal. In addition, apples are delicious in beverages too. This recipe for Mulled Apple Cider is heavenly and a perfect drink to help warm up on a cold day.
I always value my husband’s option because he is my trusty taste-tester. Although he loves me very much, he is totally honest when it comes to his assessment of any recipe. Since he informed me he loved this Apple Pecan Dump Cake, I believe he really loved it! That is especially relevant because he isn’t a big fan of apples. Therefore, I consider this recipe to be a double winner!
Disclaimer: Manufacturer’s formulations and policies may change at any time, therefore it’s important to always read product labels yourself and contact the manufacturer with concerns. We have found that most companies are eager to help answer your questions.
Check out all the other delicious APPLE recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Apple Challenge.
- Easy Apple and Cranberry Roll Ups by Lovefoodies
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cake by The Kitchen is My Playground
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal with Praline Topping by Manila Spoon
- Apple Pie Cupcakes by Num’s the Word
- Homemade chocolate apples by Culinary Ginger
- Overnight Streusel Apple Cinnamon French Toast by Noshing With The Nolands
- Apple Crumb Cake by Life Currents
- Apple Fritter Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Sausage, Apples and Onions by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Caramel Apple Cobbler by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
More great ideas from Blessed Beyond Crazy: