In the video, I did cook the sausage, pepper, onion, and garlic in a skillet and then transferred it to my soup pot. As soon as I did that, I thought to myself how silly am I! I just caused myself more dishes!
This can totally be cooked in one pot, even though I forgot to show that in the video. Learn from my mistakes!
Bow Tie Pasta Soup
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (use favorite gluten free pasta for GF version)
- In a dutch oven or stock pot, cook ground sausage. Remove from pan and drain grease.
- In the same pot, add diced onion and pepper and minced garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add sausage back to pot along with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook until pasta is tender about 10 minutes.
Note: If there are any leftovers, the pasta will continue to absorb the liquid and the next day the soup will be less “soupy.” Add more chicken broth if you desire it to be more “soupy.”
Here is the printer friendly version:
Check out all the other delicious EASY PASTA DINNERS recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Pasta Challenge.
- Garlic Meatballs and Pasta from Lovefoodies
- One Pot Pizza Tortellini Bake from Life Currents
- Easy Bow Tie Pasta Soup from Blessed Beyond Crazy
- One-Pot Easy Caprese Pasta from Noshing With The Nolands
- Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup from Who Needs A Cape?
- Classic penne all’arrabbiata from Culinary Ginger
- Pasta in Creamy Sausage Sauce from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Cheesy Beef and Kale Penne Pasta from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- One Pot Sausage and Ziti from Savory Experiments