The holidays are upon us and if you’re like me, you don’t want to be exhausted preparing food on Christmas day. Therefore, I think you’ll really like this recipe. Not only is this No-Bake Frozen Peppermint Dessert festive, delicious, and refreshing, but it’s also a wonderful make-ahead dessert. In addition to that, it’s extremely easy to make gluten-free. In fact, all of the photos in this post are of a gluten-free version.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
At any rate, this recipe for No-Bake Frozen Peppermint Dessert really does lend itself well to the Christmas season.
The first step to making a No-Bake Frozen Peppermint Dessert is to place 22 to 24 Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulsate a few times until the cookies are made into crumbs.
Next, in a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup of melted butter. Press the mixture onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 8-inch springform pan. Place the crust in the freezer while you complete the next several steps.
Next, pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream into a large glass mixing bowl or KitchenAid mixer. Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat 8 ounces of softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk and 3 drops of red food coloring (the food coloring is optional). Beat the mixture until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of crushed peppermint candies. Fold in whipped cream.
Remove the crust from the freezer and spoon the cream cheese mixture into the cookie crust.
Finally, top the cream cheese mixture with another cup of crushed peppermint candies. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, remove the dessert from the freezer and cut it into slices. Serve immediately.
A delicious and refreshing peppermint dessert that screams, "It's Christmas!"
- 22 - 24 chocolate Oreo cookies, (GF Option: use gluten-free Oreo cookies)
- 1/4 butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 drops red food coloring, (optional)
- 2 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- Place cookies into a food processor; pulsate a few times until cookies are made into crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press the mixture onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 8-inch springform pan. Freeze the crust while you complete the next several steps.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the condensed milk and red food coloring; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of crushed peppermint candies. Fold in whipped cream.
- Remove crust from freezer. Spoon cream cheese mixture into cookie crust. Top with remaining crushed peppermint candies.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer; cut into slices and serve immediately.
We hope that you enjoy this delicious, easy-to-make, festive, and invigorating dessert!
More great ideas: