Grandma’s Secret to Ultimate Baked Beans is super simple. It’s also extremely easy to make these baked beans gluten-free. In addition, people of all ages love them, including my young grandchildren! So much so, that they even asked me what is in them. Therefore, I thought I’d share the recipe with you too.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Easy Baked Beans Recipe
As previously stated, this recipe is super simple and extremely easy to make gluten-free. To make Grandma’s Ultimate Baked Beans you’ll need 2 cans of baked beans, hot dogs, onion, ketchup, ground mustard, dark brown sugar, and the secret ingredient – molasses!
Beans and Wieners
For the hot dogs, I like Oscar Mayer Natural Angus Beef Uncured Beef Franks because they taste good and are also gluten-free (as of the writing of this post).
Combine all of the ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour; stir occasionally. Serve hot and refrigerate any leftovers.
Loaded Crock-Pot Campfire Beans
If you love beans as much as I do you may also enjoy Loaded Crock-Pot Campfire Beans.
These baked beans are so good they quickly disappear whenever I take them to a family gathering, picnic, or party. Plus they are easy to make gluten-free!
- 2 cans (28 ounces, each) baked beans (I use Bush's Original, Brown Sugar Hickory, or Country Style Baked Beans )
- 4 hot dogs, sliced into thin segments (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand. I use Oscar Mayer Natural Angus Beef Uncured Beef Franks.)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dried ground mustard
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- Drain excess liquid from the cans of baked beans.
- Combine all of the ingredients and pour into a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (or microwave at 40% power) for 45 minutes to 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.
See that cute kitchen towel? A friend gave it to me as a gift. Wasn’t that sweet of her?
What’s your favorite recipe featuring beans?