This sponsored post is part of my collaboration with eBay.
Every woman needs a sexy little black dress in her closet. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Never goes out of style.
- Has an overall slimming and flattering effect.
- You can wear it every season.
- It camouflages stains.
- Any other color looks great with it.
- Your accessories will be more noticeable.
- It works with any skin tone.
- Black helps you look more mature.
- You can wear it at any age.
- Can be worn for almost any occasion.
According to historians, prior to the 1920’s a black dress was only worn during periods of mourning. During the Victorian era, a grieving widow was expected to wear black for at least two years.
The 1920’s Coco Chanel and Jean Patou changed that tradition. On October 1, 1926, American Vogue magazine ran a small illustration of what it called Chanel’s “Ford” dress. Because of its simplicity, durability, versatility, affordability, it would be accessible to women of all social classes. Through the years the name was shortened to the “LBD.”
Check out these various LBD styles:
- The Little Black Skater Dress
- The Little Black Bodycon Dress
- The Little Black ‘Touch of Lace’ Dress
- The Little Black Tulle Dress
- The Little Black Off Shoulder Dress
- The Little Black Sheath Dress
- The Little Black Strapless Dress
- The Long Black Formal Dress
- The Little Black Smock Dress
- The Little Black Vintage Dress
- The Little Black Sequin Fringe Dress
What’s your style?
Since there are so many little black dresses to choose from, you just can’t go wrong! Which style is your favorite? Where would you wear a little black dress?
Read the full post HERE!
Why have just one LBD? Collect each style and you’ll have a little black dress for every occasion! Have fun wearing a Little Black Dress!