In today’s post, let’s talk about something rather personal. It’s an issue that haunts many people on a relatively frequent basis. Let’s talk about constipation. The struggle can be very real. That’s why I wanted to share with you a secret weapon that I personally use whenever it’s needed. It’s an All-Natural Colon Cleanse Slushy! Not only is it effective, it’s naturally gluten-free, paleo, vegan and vegetarian. Plus, it’s absolutely delicious!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Most people suffer from occasional constipation. Oftentimes it hits when someone is traveling and can result from a dietary change, a lack of fiber, certain medications, not enough water intake, and/or very little exercise (just to name a few). No matter the cause, we all know that being constipated can cause physical discomfort such as abdominal bloating, headaches, sluggishness, and overall malaise.
Well, there’s no need to suffer in silence any longer! Help is on the way!
First of all, because I am not a medical professional I cannot give you the exact science behind the ingredients and I cannot claim this slushy is medicinal. However, I can share with you a few snippets of what I do know, as well as tell you that drinking an All-Natural Colon Cleanse Slushy works for me! 🙂 Oh, did I mention… it’s scrumptious!
So… grab your blender and let’s whip up an All-Natural Colon Cleanse Slushy!
An All-Natural Colon Cleanse Slushy consist of six key ingredients. In addition to being all-natural, this recipe is naturally gluten-free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, soy-free, dairy-free and corn-free.
You’ve probably heard someone say, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” So what’s so impressive about apples? Well, check out the following articles on the amazing health benefits of eating apples:
- Apples, Health Benefits, Facts, Research
- 5 Healthy Benefits of an Apple
- 13 Amazing Benefits of Apple
- 10 Impressive Health Benefits of Apples
Next up on the list – healthy plums. For this recipe, you can use either fresh plums (my first choice) or dried prunes. Either will work well, although the texture and taste of your slushy may vary slightly when using prunes. When using dried prunes in place of fresh plums, I suggest using preservative free prunes such as:
Sunsweet D’Noir Prunes are simply preservative free pitted California prunes and are exceptionally moist and work well in this slushy.
Some of the health benefits of plums/prunes include:
- Plum Crazy! 8 Health Benefits and Fascinating Facts
- 21 Best Benefits of Plums
- Plums Nutrition Facts
- What Are the Benefits of Eating Prunes
- Health Benefits of Prunes
- 28 Best Benefits of Plums (Aloo Bukhara) For Skin, Hair, And Health
The third key ingredient is the mighty date. The addition of two or three Medjool dates add sweetness and some pretty amazing health benefits such as:
- Health Benefits of Date – Promoting Heart, Brain, And Digestive Health
- 13 Amazing Benefits of Dates
- 21 Amazing Health Benefits of Dates (Khajoor) For Skin, Hair And Health
- Dates Nutrition Facts
- Eat 3 Dates Daily and These 5 Things Will Happen To Your Body!
TIP: If you soak chopped dates in just a small amount of water for a few minutes beforehand, they will blend much better in the slushy.
- Flaxseed: Health Benefits, Facts, Research
- Flaxseeds 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- 70 Healthy Reasons to Eat More Flaxseed
- The Benefits of Flaxseed
The addition of a small amount of coconut milk helps combine all of the ingredients. Although coconuts are high in saturated fats, they’re not entirely bad for you. Since much of the saturated fat content is lauric acid, coconut can actually help boost your “good” cholesterol and help reduce your risk of heart disease.
Here are a few other health benefits of coconut:
- The Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
- Is Coconut Milk Good For You?
- The Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
- The Numerous Health Benefits of Coconuts
- 10 Impressive Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Berries are the final ingredient in an All-Natural Colon Cleanse Slushy. I personally like to add three to four large strawberries and just a few blueberries. However, you can also add a few raspberries, bananas, blackberries, pineapple, mango, kiwi, etc…
Health benefits of strawberries and blueberries:
- Strawberries: Health Benefits, Nutritional Breakdown
- 10 Super Healthy Benefits of Strawberries
- 10 Healthy Benefits of Strawberries
- Blueberries: Health Benefits, Facts, Research
- Amazing Benefits of Blueberries
One full recipe will yield approximately 6 cups depending on how much fruit and how much ice you use. I suggest dividing the mixture into three separate batches. Drink 2 cups and freeze the remaining mixture. When you need another slushy, simply thaw it out a bit and place the frozen mixture in your blender. Add a little more coconut milk and ice and you’re good to go – (no pun intended! Lol)
My personal regimen:
I drink plenty of water throughout the day and have a salad for lunch. In the evening I eat an early dinner and then enjoy a generous portion of All-Natural Colon Cleanse Slushy sometime in the early evening hours. Upon rising the next morning I drink a cup or two of caffeinated tea and eat a normal breakfast (or you could drink coffee as well). Within 30 minutes I’m seeking out a bathroom and all is well. 🙂
Here’s to a healthy and happy body!
More great ideas: