It seems that everyone has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. That being said, in today’s post I’m sharing the best freezer-friendly chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are perfect for days when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but you still want dessert. Simply thaw, bake, and enjoy! (I mean seriously, who doesn’t love yummy warm cookies and a glass of cold milk or steamy hot coffee?)
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I do not know the exact origin of this recipe, however, it’s one that my mother always raved about. She always kept this recipe close at hand. Mom loved this recipe because it freezes well and it’s a simple recipe. It’s also chuck full of two beloved ingredients; delicious chocolate morsels and chopped pecans!
After making the cookie dough, use a small cookie scoop to make cookie balls. However, if you like a larger-sized cookie simply use a larger cookie scoop.
Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the cookie balls close together but not touching. Place them in the freezer until frozen firm. Once they are completely frozen you can transfer the cookie balls to a gallon-sized freezer baggie or freezer storage container.
Yields 2-1/2 Dozen Cookies
One recipe yields 2-1/2 dozen chocolate chip cookies if you use the smaller cookie scoop. Remember, if you use a larger cookie scoop your cookies will be larger in size and you’ll have fewer cookies. (As an example, check out Kid’s Favorite Gluten-Free Jumbo Cookies, as seen below.)
Ready to Bake
When ready to use, place the desired amount of cookie balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2-inches apart. Allow them to thaw to room temperature.
Bake the cookies at 325 degrees F. for 15 – 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Are you hungry for cookies yet?
Now it’s time to enjoy a glass of milk and a stack of warm chocolate chip cookies!
The Best Freezer-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These chocolate chip cookies are delicious, easy to make gluten-free, and freezer-friendly.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour (GF Option: use a gluten-free flour blend)
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Add mixture to wet ingredients; stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make the dough into balls.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; place cookie balls close together (but not touching) onto the paper. Freeze until frozen firm or overnight. Once the cookie balls are frozen place them into a freezer container or freezer baggie.
- When ready to use, place the desired amount of cookie balls onto a baking sheet, 2-inches apart. Allow them to thaw to room temp. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 15 - 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
These cookies keep well frozen for up to 2 months.
I like you’ll love The Best Freezer-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe as much as my mother did.
Be sure to check out all our cookie recipes!
Leave a Reply