This Easy and Refreshing No-Bake Frozen Chocolate Mint Tart has a crunchy chocolate cookie crust and a delightful mint chip ice cream filling. If you love both mint and chocolate then this dessert will certainly satisfy your taste buds.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Whenever I host a party or family gathering I like to do as much ahead of time as I can. Therefore, a make-ahead freezer dessert saves me time and energy on the day of the party. For example, this No-Bake Chocolate Mint Tart is one of those great desserts that can be made days in advance.
Not only is this green, minty dessert delicious, but it lends itself well to both St. Patrick’s Day and Easter.
To make a No-Bake Frozen Chocolate Mint Tart, first, lightly spray a 9-inch round tart pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
Next, combine 3/4 cup unsalted melted butter and 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (for a gluten-free option be sure to use gluten-free chocolate cookie crumbs) in a large bowl and toss to mix. Spoon the cookie mixture into the tart pan and press the mixture evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
Hot Fudge Topping
Next, remove the dessert from the freezer and spread hot fudge sauce (for a gluten-free option be sure to use a gluten-free hot fudge sauce) over the bottom of the cookie crust. Freeze for an additional 15 minutes or so.
Frozen Mint Chip Ice Cream
Again, remove the pan from the freezer. Spoon your favorite, slightly softened, mint chip ice cream evenly into the cookie crust. Freeze for at least 2 or overnight. (For a gluten-free option be sure to use a gluten-free brand of mint chip ice cream.)
Before serving, carefully remove the dessert from the tart pan and transfer it to a cake stand or round serving platter.
Next, top the No-Bake Frozen Chocolate Mint Tart with whipped topping.
Garnish the Tart
Garnish the top of the Frozen Chocolate Mint Tart with shaved creme de menthe candy curls.
Ready to Serve
Finally, cut the tart and serve. Freeze any leftovers.
No-Bake Frozen Chocolate Mint Tart
This delicious minty dessert will satisfy any mint-chocolate lover's taste buds.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand of cookie crumbs)
- 2/3 cup hot fudge topping (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 2 quarts mint chip ice cream, softened
- 8-ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup creme de menthe candy curls, for garnish
- Lightly spray a 9-inch round tart pan (preferably with a removable bottom) with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine melted butter and chocolate cookie crumbs in a large bowl; toss to mix. Spread in tart pan; press evenly onto bottom and sides. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Spread hot fudge sauce over the crust. Freeze for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Spoon softened ice cream evenly into crust. Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving, carefully remove tart from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand or serving platter.
- Top with whipped topping. Garnish with creme de menthe candy curls.
- Cut and serve. Freeze any leftovers.
What’s your favorite no-bake, freezer dessert?
More great ideas:
Leave a Reply