When the weather turns hot and you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, this make-ahead Butter Pecan Ice Cream Dessert is just the ticket. Not only is it a simple recipe but it’s also refreshing and easy to make gluten-free.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The first step is to make a tasty crumble bottom crust by combining melted butter, crushed cereal (I use Rice Chex cereal which is gluten-free as of the writing of this post), brown sugar, (I like using dark brown sugar), and coconut (I like using unsweetened coconut).
NOTE: When making a gluten-free version be sure to use always use gluten-free cereal.
Mix together the melted butter, crushed cereal, brown sugar, and coconut. Press mixture into the bottom of a lightly buttered dish.
The next step is to spread softened butter pecan ice cream (you can also use strawberry or vanilla ice cream), evenly over the top of the cereal mixture.
NOTE: Be sure to use a gluten-free brand of ice cream for a gluten-free version.
Sprinkle additional crushed cereal and chopped pecans evenly over the top of the ice cream.
Freeze for 6 to 8 hours or overnight. When ready to serve cut into squares and serve immediately. This recipe for Butter Pecan Ice Cream Dessert yields approximately 12 servings. However, depending on the size of each serving, it can serve more or fewer people.
To add a little something extra I like to garnish each serving with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. You can also add a dollop of fresh whipped cream if desired.
NOTE: Be sure to use gluten-free chocolate syrup for a gluten-free version.
Don’t you just want to grab a fork and dig in?
I know from experience that Butter Pecan Ice Cream Dessert really hits the spot. It’s a fantastic dessert any time of the year, but it’s especially yummy on a hot day.
A delicious and refreshing make-ahead frozen dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups crushed Rice Chex cereal, divided (GF Option: as of the writing of this post, Rice Chex are gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut (either sweet or unsweetened)
- 1.5 quart butter pecan ice cream, slightly softened (can also use strawberry or vanilla ice cream)
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Garnish - chocolate ice cream syrup (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- Mix together melted butter, 2 cups crushed cereal, brown sugar, and coconut. Press mixture into the bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart dish.
- Spread ice cream over the cereal mixture. Sprinkle remaining cereal and chopped pecans on top. Freeze for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares; drizzle each serving with chocolate syrup. Serve immediately.
- Freeze leftovers.
Now you know how to make Butter Pecan Ice Cream Dessert. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
More great ideas: