Grilled Shrimp with Garlic Butter Sauce is my all-time, hands-down favorite food!
I know I often say that the recipes I post are “one of our favorite meals.” But this time, this recipe is 100% my favorite food!!! I love shrimp, and even more, I love grilled shrimp. Throw in a garlic butter sauce and I’ll start making inappropriate noises when I eat it. This grilled shrimp is better than any restaurant shrimp I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a lot!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My husband has a Big Green Egg grill, but you could make this on any grill. I do think the Big Green Egg is the best grill out there, and his grilled food has tasted better than ever since he got his. However, don’t think that you can’t make this just because you have a different grill! All grills work pretty much the same way.
You can watch us make these grilled shrimp if you go to my Instagram profile and go to my Highlights. The title is… you guessed it… “Grilled Shrimp.”
- 1 lb. raw shrimp (the bigger the better *wink wink*)
- Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- Get the grill started heating up. You want it to be at 400 °F.
- Thaw the shrimp (if they are frozen) by running them in cold water.
- Peel the shrimp.
- Skewer the shrimp. Metal Skewers are nice because you can reuse them, and you don’t have to worry about them catching on fire.
5. Make the first batch of garlic butter sauce (yes, I did say first, meaning there will be more to come)!
To make the garlic butter sauce combine the following:
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp. Mrs. Dash original seasoning
6. Brush the garlic butter sauce onto the shrimp.
7. Be more patient than you’ve ever been in your life waiting for that grill to heat up already!
8. Put the skewers on the grill and close the lid. Let them grill for one min, flip, and grill on one minute on the other side. The internal temp for shrimp should be 145 °F.
9. Un-skewer the shrimp into a bowl.
10. Make a second serving of Garlic Butter Sauce. Dump the sauce into the bowl on top of the grilled shrimp and toss to evenly coat.
11. Lose all self-control and eat the entire bowl immediately!
I honestly do not know if these shrimp are any good as leftovers because there has literally NEVER been left-over shrimp in our house.