Gluten-Free Crockpot Sausage Sauerkraut is probably one of those meals you either love or hate. Fortunately for me, many of my family members love it. That’s a good thing because it’s a super easy and delicious meal.
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you. Blessed Beyond Crazy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
To begin, place apple, bacon, onion, and sausage into a skillet and cook until the bacon and sausage are browned and the onion and apples are soft.
Caraway seeds provide a licorice-like flavor and are used in many dishes such as goulash, stews, cheese dip, baked apples, rye bread, and cabbage dishes such as Gluten-Free Crockpot Sausage Sauerkraut.
Add the meat and apple mixture to the crockpot and cook on a low setting for 3 hours. Serve hot. Simple, huh?
Although sausage and sauerkraut can be considered a complete meal, you may want to serve Simple and Healthy Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables, Old-Fashioned German Potato Salad, homemade applesauce, and perhaps beer alongside.
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 4 strips of gluten-free bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 to 1 lb gluten-free Kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (14-ounce) can Bavarian-style Sauerkraut with caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place apple, bacon, onion, and sausage into a skillet and cook until bacon and sausage are browned and onion and apples are soft.
- Place mixture in crockpot. Add sauerkraut, caraway seeds, and brown sugar. Cook on low setting for 3 hours. Serve hot.
More great ideas: