HERSHEY’S Christmas Mice Cupcakes
‘Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring… except for this mouse!
Last week I was thinking about the upcoming holiday season and all of the festivities and fun ahead. There are trees to be decorated, parties to attend, food to be prepared, gifts to be given, and visits with good friends and loved ones. Children are filled with excitement, anticipation and dreams of what Santa will bring.
All of these thoughts of Christmas reminded me of the famous poem, Twas The Night Before Christmas. Well, one thing led to another, and before I knew it…. my mind was racing with images of these adorable HERSHEY’S Christmas Mice Cupcakes! I personally think that it would be fun to make a whole family of these mice cupcakes, then serve them to your children/grandchildren while reading the famous poem to them on Christmas Eve. The kids might even get a little creative themselves and name each mouse!
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED
Here is what you will need:
- Cupcakes – I used spice cupcakes, but you can use any flavor of cake mix
- Vanilla Wafers – two per mouse cupcake (ears)
- HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Frosting
- Cream Cheese Frosting – you could also use white, buttercream or caramel
- HERSHEY’S Miniature Special Dark Chocolate Candy Bars – one per mouse (face)
- HERSHEY’S Twizzlers Pull ‘n’ Peel Licorice – one pink strand of licorice per mouse (tail)
- HERSHEY’S Kisses – one per mouse (nose)
- Pink Edible Candy Pearl – one per mouse (tip of nose)
- Small Edible Candy Google Eyes – two per mouse
- Small Pink Edible Candy Hearts – two per mouse (eyebrows)
- Small Rice Noodles – six per mouse (whiskers – 3 on each side of face)
- ***HERSHEY’S Hugs and Kisses – (optional – see the DIY gift idea at the end of this post)
These Christmas Mice cupcakes are fun to make and they take just minutes to construct.
- Bake your favorite flavor of cupcakes (I used a spice cake mix for mine) and make them according to the packaging directions.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Place two vanilla wafers on the top portion of a cupcake.
- Place one HERSHEY’S Miniature Dark Chocolate Candy Bar on the front part of the cupcake, centering it between the two vanilla wafers.
- Place a small dollop of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Frosting in the center of the HERSHEY’S Miniature Dark Chocolate Candy Bar and place one end of a rice noodle into the frosting. Continue this process for all 6 rice noodles.
- Apply HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Frosting to the bottom of an unwrapped HERSHEY’S Kiss and place it on top of the attached rice noodles.
- With a toothpick, apply HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Frosting to the back of two edible candy google eyes. Place the eyes above the HERSHEY’S Kiss.
- With a toothpick, apply HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Frosting to the back of two edible small pink edible candy hearts. Place the hearts in the upper two corners of the HERSHEY’S Miniature Dark Chocolate Candy Bar.
- With a toothpick, apply HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Frosting to the very tip of a small pink edible candy pearl and place it on the very tip of the HERSHEY’S Kiss.
- Place one stand of pink HERSHEY’S Twizzlers Pull ‘n’ Peel Licorice under the cupcake and curl it around to the front of the mouse to form a tail.
Since the rice noodles have different shapes and the google eyes have different pupil dilation, each mouse seems to take on it’s own personality.
You can easily swirl each tail to be different as well.
These HERSHEY’S Christmas Mice Cupcakes make a darling DIY homemade Christmas gift! I placed three of them in a cupcake gift box lined with tissue paper and placed HERSHEY’S Hugs and Kisses around each mouse cupcake. The top of the gift box was clear so the recipient could see the HERSHEY’S Christmas Mice Cupcakes peaking at them through the clear part of the box! Now add a colorful bow and note. Ta Da! A perfect little DIY gift for a teacher, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, neighbors…. the list is endless!
Have fun creating your very own HERSHEY’S Christmas Mice Cupcakes!
HERSHEY Sponsored Blogger
All opinions are strictly my own.