This post is part of my collaboration with eBay.
There’s something about cold weather that makes me want to snuggle with my softest throw blanket and make several yummy hot chocolate recipes! However, I have a problem. I just can’t seem to establish which one of my hot chocolate recipes is my favorite. Therefore, I decided to share several recipes with you that are high-up on my list of favorites.
- Any hot chocolate recipe will be better if you use a good quality brand of chocolate.
- Heat milk/cream to just below a simmer (approximately 180 – 190 degrees), stir often to prevent the milk/cream from scorching.
- Do not add the chocolate until milk is hot, then whisk the chocolate into the milk until it is totally dissolved and incorporated.
- Add flavoring extracts and/or alcohol after the hot chocolate has been removed from the heat. This will prevent the extract from “cooking out” and preserves the flavor.
- Turn any hot chocolate recipe into a boozy one by adding alcohol that is complementary to that particular recipe. Examples of flavored liqueur: Kahlua, crème de menthe, coconut, amaretto, chocolate, orange, raspberry, and more.
Anyone who loves peppermint will love a steamy mug of Peppermint White Hot Chocolate.
A mug of Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is perfect any day!
Slow-Cooker Mocha Hot Chocolate is great for a winter party.
Have fun with hot chocolate recipes and make a cute little marshmallow snowman!
Find 9 Yummy Hot Chocolate Recipes HERE!
More great ideas: