Coffee and Biscotti is like the adult version of milk and cookies. (Not that I think I’m too old for milk and cookies because that is still happening in this house!)
This was the first time I had ever attempted biscotti. These White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti were super easy and quick to make! Yeah, if you can bake cookies then you can make biscotti–no problem!
If you have had store bought biscotti then you probably think of it as being rock hard and impossible to eat unless it has been dipped in coffee. These homemade biscotti are not rock hard and can be eaten alone… although I still highly recommend dunking them in coffee.
I used my homemade GF flour mixture:
Mix all together and store in an air tight container. This recipe will make 4 cups of flour. The biscotti only needs 3 cups of flour so you will have 1 cup flour left over.
White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
Ingredients (Printable version at bottom of post)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in different bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, while creaming together. Mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1 inch slices. Place cookies cut side down on baking sheets.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
*Only add xanthan gum if using gluten free flour that does not already have a thickener added. Omit entirely if using all-purpose flour.
Looking for another Italian dessert? Check out my Strawberry Zabaione.