Ask any woman how she feels about her hair and she’ll probably say it could use a little help. It seems that the vast majority of women are always on the lookout for a new hairstyle, color or perhaps even a general hair overhaul. Hair is certainly a hot topic – any day of the week! In today’s post, let’s help a gal out by looking at several different DIY ideas and ways to score beautiful healthy hair!
To help support our blogging activities, our site contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from a link on our site, we may receive a small percentage of that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Routine, excessive overheating is certainly one way to damage hair. Cheap blow dryers, flat irons, and curling wands can quickly overheat. Instead of wasting your money on something that can damage your hair, consider investing in quality heat appliances with ion technology.
An ionic blow dryer helps seal hair cuticles (cutting down on frizz) and break up water molecules into smaller particles. This enables moisture to evaporate faster, resulting in less heating time.
A ceramic or titanium curling or flat iron such as the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron allows you the ability to control the iron’s temperature.
- 50 Crazy Hair Facts You May Not Know
- How to Straighten Your Hair Without Heat
- 5 Ways to Avoid Heat Damage
- The Best Blow Dryer for Natural Hair
It’s no surprise that chemicals found in hair dyes, perms and relaxers can damage hair. To keep hair looking it’s very best, try using hair products that are made with all-natural ingredients.
- Top 10 Best Natural Hair Products in the World
- How to Make Your Own Dry Shampoo
- How to Make Your Own Beachy Hairspray
- Super Easy Homemade Sulfate Free Shampoo Recipe
- How to Lighten Hair Naturally
- Essential Oil Lice Prevention
Remove unwanted split ends and keep your hair looking it’s best with a regular cut or trim. Avoid wearing your hair in a tight bun or tight braids. Also, consider styling your hair differently throughout the week.
- 40 Interesting Human Hair Facts
- This is Exactly How Often You Need a Haircut, Based on Your Hair Type
- How Often Should You Cut Your Hair?
Wash & Rinse
Natural oil (called sebum) is important because it helps protect and strengthen your hair. To prevent hair from looking dry and dull you should avoid overwashing. This is especially important for color treated hair. Avoid using hot water on your hair. Rinse hair with cold water and seal the cuticle to add shine and prevent frizz.
Invest in a quality all-natural shampoo and conditioner and massage your scalp once a week to encourage circulation and stimulate hair growth.
- Your Guide For Finding The Right Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- How to Create a Luxurious DIY Spa Night at Home
- How to Give Yourself a Scalp Massage
- Your Guide to Finding the Right Shampoo and Conditioner Set
Wet hair is more fragile and susceptible to breakage when wet, therefore always comb wet hair instead of brushing it.
- How to Clean Hair Brushes (The Easy Way)
- How to Clean Combs and Brushes with Listerine and Baking Soda
- 20 Weird Things You Didn’t Know About Your Hair
- How to Properly Clean Your Hair Brush
Cleaning your hair brushes regularly helps prevent product residue and natural oil and bacteria build up on the bristles. Clean your brushes by soaking them in one part apple cider vinegar to two parts warm water. Rinse well with warm water and dry overnight.
- How to Clean the Sticky Brown Gunk Off Ceramic Curling Irons
- Remove Product Buildup From Hair Tools With This Easy Cleaning Hack
- How to Clean Your Styling Tools and Hair Accessories
Avoid using elastic bands and hair clips that can get caught and damage hair. Instead, invest in gentle hair accessories.
Many hair stylists will tell you that it’s a good idea to periodically give your hair a deep-conditioning treatment to help prevent split ends and breakage.
- How to Do a Homemade Hot Oil Treatment
- DIY: Top 5 Easy Homemade Hair Mask Recipes for Beautiful Hair
- How to Make a Deep Conditioning Coconut Oil Hair Mask
By following a few basic guidelines, it is possible to have healthy, beautiful hair.
More great ideas: