BROWNIE PIZZA! My kids were so excited to make and eat this, you would have thought it was their birthday!
This is a new spin on dessert pizza. Use Your favorite brownie recipe or make some from a box mix. Either way, this brownie pizza is all about what you like!
Make your brownie pizza in a 12″ silicone pizza pan for easy removal and to get the perfect pizza shape. One brownie recipe will make 2 pizzas. Since these are served in ‘slices’ you will want these to be a bit firmer and solid versus soft and gooey so they don’t fall apart. You might want to bake it few minutes longer than normal.
You can put whatever you want on top of your brownie pizza! Here is what I added to ours:
- pecans (in the brownie batter, you can’t see them)
- broken pretzels (my kids’ favorite!) find gluten free pretzels here
- marshmallows (next time I will add more… these were my favorite!)
- toasted coconut (looks pretty, but couldn’t really taste it)
- mini M&Ms
I’m thinking this would be the perfect dessert to make after Halloween and top with lots of different kinds of candy! Yum… chopped Snickers and Reese’s Cups!
So like I said in my above list the marshmallows were my favorite topping! I placed them on top of the brownie pizza and then popped it back into the oven for about 5-6 minutes until the marshmallows started to turn golden brown! Tasted just like a perfectly toasted, gooey marshmallow! Next time I will add a lot more!
I also added the coconut at the same time as the marshmallows so it would toast in the oven for a few minutes. It worked perfectly, so I didn’t have to toast my coconut separately. Plus, I already had the oven turned on to bake the brownie pizza. However, next time I’m not sure I’ll add the coconut– I couldn’t really taste it.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine sugar, cocoa, and baking soda.
- Add 1/3 cup oil and boiling water, mix until smooth.
- Add in flour, xanthan gum, vanilla, salt, eggs, and remaining oil.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread half of batter into 12″ silicone pizza pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Repeat with remaining batter.